Caris Levert's injury

Looks like you’re going to get your wish of being wrong – as soon as 2h from now.

2 Likes

Apparently he isn’t warming up :frowning:

Not warming up at all with the whole team

I think he is done and u were wrong.

If I’m Caris I might just shut is down cash my chips in and get ready for the draft.

Can someone explain to me the argument that Caris LeVert sitting out helps his draft stock?

I was wrong today. you’re not right until he sits the next 8+BTT+NCAA. I’d take it down a level (and I agree with Dylan that it really doesn’t make any sense)

1 Like

Why risk getting hurt again ? He has been out for the last 2 years for the majority of the B1G season. He can just do his individual workouts to impress teams.

Your logic is awful. And if that’s what you’d do, it sounds like you’re soft.

That’s bc you are thinking like a fan instead of a parent.

You said, “If I’m Caris…”

The bottom line: if he is cleared to play, he needs to come back–both for his teammates and for his draft stock. 2 season-ending injuries in back-to-back seasons will cause some teams to drop him off their draft boards.

1 Like

I hope he does come back bc this team blows without him . If I am him I’d consider it resting for the draft . But why would anyone play with these kids they have zero heart.

I don’t think playing or not playing is hurting his draft stock. He will rest up and get ready for the combine, individual workouts for teams and let that speak for itself.

1 Like

You lost what little credibility you had by saying the kids don’t have heart. You can call out skill or decision-making, but you have no idea about their heart. You’re just an Internet tough guy. Do you think Irvin in 100%? Or Walton? No, but they are out there playing until the final buzzer. This is a talent issue. Not a heart issue.

1 Like

I totally agree with this. It gets under my skin when I hear people say playing defense is all about heart. Rebounding is all about heart.

All things equal: Athleticism trumps heart 100% of the time. We lack it at every position.

If JB was to say Caris has a future at playing at the next level and we will not jeopardize it bringing him back bc he has a (whatever the injury really is). He may never be a 100% this year but we won’t risk his career for our on personal gain that being said he is gone . But this whole crap he is day to day he is better & 20 games later the same crap. It’s like we get excited thinking he will play just to tune in with him dressed in street clothes .

Agreed someone needs to man up and say something. When Denzel Valentine was hurt Izzo said what game he will be back. The scouting report excuse is embarrassing and says that we need every advantage to win…man up JB

Did you see Costello spin on Donnal dunk on him laughed at him . Steal a pass comes down dunk gets in the camera laughs do a shimmy laughs again . Slap the floor constantly on our home floor and nobody did a damn thing about it. We recruit to many good kids. This never went down like this from 1980 to 1998 even if we did lose . I’d take a inner city kid like Kay Felder over anyone on our team . This staff has stayed away from player like the Manny Harris’s of the world. We need to get back to that and mix in some of his philosophy but this chuck a duck ball is for the birds.

So Nebraska has more talent than Michigan and they went into Breslin to beat MSU? Some of it is talent maybe 5-10%. Do you think Valentine is near 100% after having knee surgery a month ago? The other 95-90% is coaching, defensive intensity, pride. Michigan has a 5 star in Irvin, top 100 players in Donnal, Walton, top 20 recruit in Chatman. That’s enough talent to be competitive against your rival. The problem is Izzo has evolved as a coach he has gotten more shooters and better shooters and remained true to his motto of tough defense and getting after it on the boards. Beilein even when he had good shooting teams was never big into attacking the boards.

If we were all being honest with ourselves the seeds were being sewn long before the IU/MSU performances. Look at how poorly they had played against Minnesota/Rutgers/Penn St.

I really think it is time for somebody to man up and that someone is Caris LeVert. If he is pain free there is no reason why he is not back. People are saying he won’t make a difference…he is a top player in the country he will do more good then bad. We beat Maryland and played well (for most of the game) with Iowa and Purdue without him. We can still make a run they just need to keep there heads up and win the ones they should until he is back.