Bracketology / Bubble Watch Thread (2016-17)

Yes, that was the lead argument.

I think he could easily average 22-25 a game if he wanted. Most games, he takes about 8-11 shots because he’s an outstanding facilitator.

2 Likes

The article against Ball is goofy. Ball is obviously an NBA talent. Is he going to be a surefire NBA superstar? Who knows. It will just unfold… He is very good and a very entertaining player to watch. Top five draft pick, I would think…

I guess I am just evaluating an “average” performance from both teams. Since Brooks has gotten the kinks out from his injury, they have been awesome.

Yea I like their teAm. I’m not sure how far I’ll ride them when picking brackets but so far their track record this year jumps out.

Michigan now on 92/92 brackets on bracketmatrix.com. Avoid a bad loss and it’s all about seeding at this point.

I don’t even think it’s about avoiding a bad loss at this point. Just got to win two more regular season games. The only scenario where that might not be true is if those wins are at Rutgers, at Nebraska and they lose their first game of the btt.

Any other combination of two wins and I think they are in although there might be some sweating on selection Sunday.

Tonight’s game is huge in terms of potential seeding and bid priority. A win and I would think Michigan is ahead of both Minnesota and Michigan state (probably ahead of them already), in terms of tournament bids selection.

1 Like

Hope they win the next two. Quick turnaround against Rutgers, after this game, won’t be easy mentally.

I’ll be nervous if they lose to Purdue and need one of the last two.

We’re going to go 3-1

I see that happening. A toss up though if we’ve got tv teddy again.

1 Like

If they get by Rutgers like we all think, Purdue is a huge one.

Do I think they win @Nebraska? I’d feel better if it were the next game or two. Awful lot of pressure if they need that win to go dancing.

I mean it’s hard to predict that I guess. I phrase it like this. Barring catastrophic reffing and everything being even we go 3-1

Barring what happened tonight yes.

Tonight was so bad. I can’t believe some of the fouls I saw. The foul on Duncan on the 3 pointer was so bad. Hard to digest that one. It hurts

Makes it incredibly harder to digest because after all the crap by the refs, we could’ve won. Knock down some free throws and we walk out with a W.

They fought and fought though. Take care of business Wed and get one more to go dancing.

2 Likes

Have to hope the FTs dont stick with them. As frustrated as we are, the guys (especially Walton and MAAR each going 1/4) must really be kicking themselves; probably even more so since they must feel jobbed by the refs, too.

Beating RU and Nebraska might not be enough.

If U-M beats those two and loses its BTT opener to (say) Iowa, that would yield a 62 RPI. That is hardly a sure thing for an at-large bid.

Better get one in DC (or beat Purdue or Northwestern).

1 Like

We’d be watching with nerves but I still think that’d get them in. In that scenario, they may fall into the play in game though.

1 Like

Hard to say if that would be enough, obviously it would be much better if we just got it done with some more wins. I feel like we’re going to go 3-1 and maybe 4-0 to finish the year.

I think the key here is nobody dropped them for losing last night, in fact, I think Lunardi moved them up.

Beating Rutgers and Nebraska holds serve. Losing to Purdue and Northwestern doesn’t hurt. That’s why I think with 2-2 other teams will have to come get us and leap us.

Now 2-2 with an opening round loss, leaves the door open more for others to pass us. If you look at the First4/Next4, there’s some bad resumes.

One thing to consider is that the committee does look at “various computer metrics,” which should help Michigan. They’re at 24 in BPI, 27 in kenpom and sagarin. I also think that Michigan is fairly unlikely to go 2-3 the rest of the way, and 3 more wins any way you get there should be in pretty safely and avoid the first four.