Bracketology / Bubble Watch Thread (2016-17)

Good stuff. Michigan basically has three chances to lock this down: Purdue, @NU and the BTT opener. Win any one of those (plus RU and Nebraska) and youā€™re in. Lose all 3 and itā€™s dicey.

Iā€™m just hoping that we donā€™t get the 8 or 9 seed in the Big Ten tourney, which could potentially set up a second round matchup with Purdue.

ACC bubble bursting a bit recently. Syracuse loses at Georgia Tech, Georgia Tech loses at home to NC St and Clemson keeps losing close games with another at VaTech.

Itā€™s getting to the point where even worst case scenarios of 8-10 with a BTT win may sneak us in. 8-10 with 2 BTT wins most likely does it.

What if cuse beats duke

Iā€™ve read they gotta win 2 of 3 to have a decent chance - Duke, @Louiseville, Georgia Tech. So if they split the tough two that essentially makes the Georgia Tech game a bubble elimination now.

They really missed their shot. Few tight losses in a row. Very similar to us.

Still got a chance I guess. I wouldnā€™t want to see them in a play in, thatā€™s for sure. When we chatted about teams to avoid, I think the ACC has the best bunch of teams. Tough tough conference this year.

I hate having to root for IU against Northwestern on Saturday but it must be done. IU is at 98 RPI now and we have two wins against them, including a rare roadie. After NU they have @PU and @OSU. As much as itā€™s fun watching Creanā€™s team implode it was frustrating to watch them blow that game @Iowa.

1 Like

I reAlly thought they would win out or go 3-1 and suddenly those wins would look good. I was gonna make a big bet on them to beat northwestern now Iā€™m not so sure. That loss was pretty much the stake in the heart. Had they won they could have possibly rallied and played for their lives against nw. Now Iā€™m scared they will just give up. Still kinda want to bet on them

NW looked absolutely shaky at Illinois last night. Not sure if it was a just a mid-week road trip funk or something more.

Either way, you want NW to win as many as they can, so when you beat themā€¦

I think you definitely want IU to beat them over the weekend. IU remaining as a top-100 team would look nice, plus Michigan played and beat IU twice.

2 Likes

Yeah, from a resume/RPI standpoint, we should definitely be rooting for IU, Furman, and Iowa. Probably want Sparty to stay in that top 50 sector too.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t pretty, but when youā€™re on the bubble you just take the Ws

Beat Purdue=75% chance in the tourney
Win any 2 more games 100% in

1 Like

Iā€™d go even further, beat Purdue and 95% in.

Only way I think they would miss in that case is losing to a non-100 RPI team in your BTT opener

1 Like

The difference between the 5 seed and the 6 or 7 seed in the B1G tourney is huge to me. Play Rutgers game 1 or play IU/OSU againā€¦no thank you

2 Likes

So many games we just play so shakey. The fact we play so bad and win says to me we should be so much better. I just donā€™t see us getting it together. Really big waste of talent imo. I mean even in the Wisconsin win we played avg at best and win on the road. I kept dreaming theyā€™d start clicking and become real dangerous now I just donā€™t see it ever coming together. Sad.

This was the definition of a trap game. Having a short turn around after an emotionally exhausting OT loss. All you could ask for is to win the game. Now Michigan has a chance to make a statement against Purdue.

2 Likes