2019 Recruiting Notes

Yea let’s not pass on guys that good on positional basis. We’re not that desperate for a pg/ sg in 19 to pass on Brooks and Wilson.

Imo you take them both. Brooks could play the 2 eventually. Also you have z, dd, Eli, Poole, Nunez. . 1 more would be better but not atthe talent loss involved.

A roster with Johns, livers, ignas, Brooks, Wilson would be extremely impressive. The versaitility and skill of them all could land us many big ten titles. I could see a couple of them being quick enough and skilled enough to slide to the 2

I thought Beilein had an in home scheduled with Watts this week?

What if it is a class of only two?

Not to derail the thread but did anybody else notice the PG on Jalen Wilson’s team. He’s very good. I think he’s committed to Oklahoma. De’Vion Harmon.

3 posts were split to a new topic: 2019 - PG - DJ Carton (Offer)

why exactly haven’t we offered maxey yet?

not sure why we havent yet, but it sounds like he might be in town this weekend and should get one then

Not sure if he got the academic tour, which is the pre-req for getting an offer.

1 Like

Where did you read that Maxey will be in town this weekend?

I think I saw a few sources mention that he was supposed to be in town. Mattd on Mgo I believe mentioned it specifically

can we get anymore info about the Cole Anthony reach out? I was pretty psyched to hear that. Nobody else seemed excited. Obviously very preliminary but I am pumped to even hear that name brought up. I wonder if we reached out or he showed interest first.

Don’t think this would make sense. Live evaluation period this weekend and I don’t think you can have visits during a live eval. Might be wrong, but that’s how I remember the rule.

Sure you aren’t confusing that with reports that Beilein would visit him? Fwiw, Maxet visited in the Fall so that’s not what held up the offer.

I think that must have been it. Sorry guys for the bad info. This is what happens when i dont go back and double check stuff

1 Like
1 Like

New target.

1 Like

Very intrigued by how this class will end up. Seems like several guys are listing us as ones that are recruiting them the hardest. Seems like the staff is putting in serious work.

2 Likes

Very impressive. Haven’t ever heard of him and I’m not sure how. Kid can ball. The wing targets were after are all great.

I reallly liked his game. Looks likeca legit 6-8 too. Long , athletic great jumper. Gotta love it

He reminded me of a better version of Jamal Cain. Gotta imagine Mattd loves him as a prospect then. I really like Wilson and wliiiamson out of Texas but watching withers just now , I’m not sure he’s much worse, if at all. All this is totally based on highlights and snippets of games I find online.

Wilson was a good not great athlete with good height and great skill/ iq for his size/ position. I’m quite fond of his game, def top 50 based on what I’ve seen. Top 25 as he’s listed might be a stretch. This kid though as far as I can tell isn’t on anyone’s top 100. That’s a shame imo… I don’t see him far below those guys off this.

1 Like

MattD is very high on him. He has Tyresse Maxey, then DJ Carton based on positional needs, then Williamson, Weems, and Withers all tightly bunched. I will say, the last three are tightly bunched for Matt, but Maxey is clearly his number 1. I hope I’m not misrepresenting him. I don’t think I am.