2019 Recruiting Notes

2019 is starting to be fair game this summer as 2018s are set to receive offers in June.

Here’s one name to note: Andrew Nembhard

http://www.madehoops.com/news_article/show/637909?referrer_id=1272156

“I have received interest from Michigan, Virginia Tech, Virginia and a little bit of interest from Duke,” he told MADE Hoops.

Michigan has shown him the most interest thus far and have been in constant contact with his parents.

“They have been telling them to have me keep doing what I’m doing and work hard,” said the freshman point guard. “The coaches have been saying that I need to look into their campus and study what they do and how I would fit in there.”

Nembhard is already pretty well known in Canada, and he plays for Vaughan – Andrew Wiggins’ school and a Toronto-area power. He had a quiet outing at last week’s All-Canadian Game (2 pts) but it’s understandable given that he was one of the younger players in the game. He’s a very skilled passer and has good repertoire of floaters and the like, kinda like a bigger X. Still very slight of build and an average athlete.

Oh… and another 2019 Canadian to watch is wing Rowan Barrett Jr.
He’s at Monteverde so I wouldn’t hold my breath, but he has a v nice game and extreme ups:

Finally the right spot to put my local kids video. Shamelessly promoting him till it gets back to beilein. Zona, Cuse, g town and Stanford so far reaching out.

Nice handles for his size although hard to see there. I posted this twice before but he’s a 19 so…

How tall? His game reminds me a bit of Bonzi Wells, though I have no idea if he can shoot or if he does all his scoring around the block. Active, springy, needs to develop a left hand.

He’s 6-7 but just 14. He has good vision/ handle. He can shoot but he does a lot of his damage on the break/around the rim. His game will develop. His coach was the best shooter I ever met and holds tons of shooting records in his conference at coastal Carolina. So he’s in good hands in developing a jumper. I could see him doing what Thomas Bryant did and leave the area for a prep school like Huntington to face bigger competition. I know he’s coming back to mcquaid this year.

Michigan needs to be on 6’8 1/2 size 17 shoes Taylor Currie from Worthington Christian and All Ohio Red 2019. Ohio state has been to three games this season. Invited him to a couple games. They are pushing hard now Currie came to Practice camp at UM last year. Also attended shooting camping at UM last summer. Michigan has always been his favorite school. Currie MVP last week in NY2LA Sports tournament. West Virginia is recruiting too. Columbus Ohio has been good to UM hoops over the last few years. Currie just got back from an All star trip to Italy were he was outstanding… He has high motor and better days are ahead.

2 Likes

I’ll ask about him zone buster. See what I find out.

Terry Armstrong - One of the best freshman in the country, most likely a top 50 type when rankings are released for 19.

2 Likes

Sounds like a spartan already.

Will definitely be one to watch - high major offers are going to start coming in for this kid

2 Likes

Seems like Michigan is on the rise talent wise again.

One name to watch down the line: Joe Girard III.

Dad played for Beilein at Le Moyne. Same HS as Jimmer Fredette I believe.

1 Like

Believe there’s still a chance Nembhard ends up a 2018 but…

Any guess on what range he’ll be in the rankings when they come out?

Keion Brooks is a super to watch

Quick Nembhard update

Is Michigan showing any interest in RJ Barrett?

I keep touting Isaiah Stewart. He’s gonna be a top fifty kid or close to. I out his videos up a lot last year. He’s getting a lot of high major looks from a lot of good educational universities, I could really see us being the next, plus I’ve said a million times beilein has his ties to upstate ny particularly Rochester, and even more specifically to that high school. Looks to me like he’s gonna develop into a perfect four for our system. Maybe a 5 if he keeps growing. I would not be shocked if we hear his name in the next year or two.

Bielien watched him this past weekend.

2 Likes