2018 Recruiting Notes

It means his recruitment will be an uphill battle from the start… Essentially handicapping yourself for no reason.

Just to be clear, which players in the '18 class should we have offered already to avoid an “uphill battle?”

1 Like
1 Like

Here is a kid from Jersey I am familiar with. 6’3" and growing, scores in a variety of ways and has a great feel for the game. Rutgers, St. Joes, Stanford, and Marquette are all in on him early.

He looks like a pretty damn good combo guard actually. Maybe not michigans type, but I like him a lot better than Elliot.

Elite athlete, has legit interest in UM.

5 Likes

Wow. Just finally got around to watching Robby Carmody highlights. Very impressed. 247 has him composite 102 which I think seems way too low. I don’t see many weaknesses at this point. I’m also a fan of Brandon Wade in this class. He seems to know how to really play and seems like a pass-first PG who can get to the rim. I’ve watched very little highlights, but I’m guessing he has to work on his shot, since they didn’t show much of those. The next two classes are obviously very important. Hopefully we can get our top prospects in '17 and we stay on top of kids like Carmody in '18.

1 Like

Carmody and Williams are really nice prospects. Not so sure about Wade (though a lot can change, I suppose).

I just think Wade’s got some ability to work with. Seems to know how to use his dribble effectively. I’m sure he has a lot to improve on, but if he works hard, I think he can be pretty good.

As someone that has seen Wade live a few times, I’d say that shooting is probably a stronger part of his game in relation to finishing at the rim. Wade is a nice player in PnR sets, can shoot off the bounce, but just lacks the explosion/athleticism to finish at the rim. It will be interesting to track his development to see if Wade either grows or gains explosion. Right now Wade is probably a legit 6’1-6’2, so not small by any means. Wade has a thicker build as well, so strength should be an asset.

Thanks. I think ideally we need a PG in '17 so we have two on the roster, but if we don’t, we absolutely need one on '18.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/jerrymeyer247/status/724754488993554433

??? Not June 15th yet. The guy’s Canadian so maybe he’s already in his 3rd year of school? I remember some Michigan football commit from Canada is doing a 5th year of high school.

Not an offer.

Looks like Meyer meant “prioritized” not “offered”.

Oops, beaten by Dylan.

Which, if we’re being honest, is what many schools mean by ‘offer’.

Of course!

Anyone know if we will be pursuing Cormac Ryan? His skillset just screams success at UM. Looked like BC was his only offer so far, but that more would be coming soon. We’re obviously still focused on '17, but he seems like someone we need on our radar ASAP before he gets more offers.

Yes, we watched him over the weekend.

Undoubtedly will be hot and heavy after Ryan, but so will everybody else. His recruitment is going to skyrocket shortly if it hasn’t already. Kid can play.