2018 Recruiting Notes

Notre Dame and Villanova latest offers for Ryan

Not sure if this is a new name or not.

New 2018 to watch

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/627429

Just a bit of backgroundā€¦ didnt find much out there.

Interesting. Iā€™ve seen him play several times, being from the Toledo area. If he can improve his handle and get stronger, I could see a Nigel Hayes type player.

3 posts were split to a new topic: 2018 - PG - David DeJulius (Offer)

Dylan, thoughts on the staff passing on a 4 in 18 with the emergence of DJ and Livers coming in? Would live for them to get Ryan or Carmody and go after something we havenā€™t really ever had in a wing who has a college ready body to some degree but most importantly take it to the hoop aggressively and has that mentality.

1 Like

With 2 scholarship slots remaining for Class of 2018, I would guess Michiganā€™s plan is to take 1 of Ryan/Caromdy for the 2/3 flex position and 1 of Hunter/Johns at the wing.

And even if Michigan gets a commitment from Bamba, I think the staff would still approach 2018 as a 3-man class

They should approach it that way. If bamba commits and stays someone will probably transfer. Thatā€™s just the age we live in.

Curious if anyone had any names or thoughts on who might get the next offer in 18?

Contact has been made with ESPN #55 Tim Finke in the past months. Not sure if an offer is coming. Finke really wants to play in the big ten.

Staff is interested, but hasnā€™t reached out to, Brandon Slater out of the DMV. I would absolutey love to have him prioritized. EXACT type of player we need. Had the chance to see him play live in Vegas, 6ā€™6 ish, great athlete, really good passer, average/above average handle.

Based on what Iā€™ve seen from Slater and Finke live (they play similar positions), I would definitely prioritize Slater by a healthy margin.

As of right now though, the staff simply isnā€™t prioritizing recruiting in 18, or perhaps any year, while the season is going.

Agree would take Slater everyday over Finke, at least based on the tape I have seen.

Not even close. Of course, Tim may very well have improved as JM pointed out. Canā€™t wait to check him out this spring/summer with BBE I assume

Iā€™d prefer slater over Finke at this point.

Is Tim staying with BBE to your knowledge?

I just watched a highlight video of slater, seems like he only drives left and finishes with his left hand any thoughts on that? He did look pretty athletic though

Not a great ball handler, but average/above average. But the more athletic you are the less ball handling ability is necessary. Good passer off the dribble

Not to mention Slater really defends. Not even JB could handcuff him in that regard.