2018 Recruiting Notes

So is our SG board right now just Locke? I’d be totally fine with him.

I thought I heard Hunter Tyson was going to be offered as a 2, so we have options between Tyson and Locke. Tyson is tall enough that he could play the 3 or maybe even the 4 depending on development.

I’d love to have Locke. We were watching Torrence Watson - I wonder if we’re still considering.
Otherwise Frederick/Mosley seem to be the backup plans right now.

“Missed” on: Ryan, Bieniemy, Brown, Carmody

1 Like

Not sure we “missed on” Brown when he visited and didn’t get an offer. The others are misses though even though we never led for any of them.

2 Likes

…hence why I put “missed” in quotes

Didn’t think I needed to explain it but apparently I did. I thought the “missed” would suffice so everyone knew I didn’t mean we missed on a kid we offered but he was a target that we had been watching.

A post was split to a new topic: 2018 - F - Race Thompson (Offer)

Kid can play

DeJulius
Tyson
Saved for the first to bite of Locke, Hunter or Iggy
Johns
Nance

If Locke bites first, Tyson goes to the 3.

Or, my pereference would be to hold off completely on Nance if Johns is ready to drop in the next 2 weeks.

Is Johns supposedly close to making a decison? Kind of thought he might hold out for more big out of state schools to offer.

Probably by the and of the summer, maybe sooner.

Hopkins took the job out at Washington and now two city rock kids who I was hoping we’d target are now reclassifying back to 17 for him. Carter and now hamier wright. I think Hopkins is going to do better then Romar. Romar got big recruits but never did much. I think Hopkins will do both,

Really like wrights game. Sorry didn’t know where to post this. Kinda thinking aloud here. I wonder if cuse is going to regret letting Hopkins walk for a few more bohemian years. Pretty clear he was the point man in a lot of upstate connections. Don’t think cuse has landed too much lately, wouldn’t be surprised to see a few more city rock kids out ther. They offered girard recently. Stewart too. Wright was a pretty real uzzo target too so we dodged that bullet.

Hope we land Johns. I think nance and John’s could fall. I’d still take ignas with those two.

Mattd tweeted Bingham killed it at team camp and we are showing interest. Don’t know much about him myself but he’s top hundred. He’s a pf right?_

Brian Snow said that he thinks Johns will wrap up his recruitment before the July evaluation period. He doesn’t even make a guess on where he’s going.

Per umbig11, he’s going blue.

1 Like

I’ll take Marcus Bingham, Johns, and Nance easily.

If the current 247 composite rankings hold, a class of Dejulius, Johns, Nance, Ignas, and Locke would be 10th in the country and 1st in the Big Ten in 2017 and 11th and 2nd in 2016.

I think we’re getting a little ahead of ourselves with the 5-man class stuff. Wagner first has to go all-in on the draft and that’s not necessarily a done deal. Even if he did, the 5th would have to be a Spring signee.

If Johns were to commit, any chance that impacts Nance’s decision? Is there really a chance we take 3 forwards?