Zavier Simpson only wants to look forward

So after all of these updates this is adding up even less. From all of the reports that have came out this is what I can gather.

• Police arrive on the scene with 3 people present. Two of the people say they don’t know what happened. X says that he recognizes it as his friend’s car and lies about his name.

• X goes to the glove box to prove that it’s his friend’s car and police notice him “stumble”.

• Officers don’t do any breathalyzer or sobriety tests because they don’t smell alcohol on Simpson and also because they don’t suspect Simpson to be the driver.

• Officers tow the car and contact the owner, Chrislan Manuel, and determine through her and Evan Manuel that Simpson was indeed the driver (I’m assuming this happened the following morning).

• X admits he was the driver to police this Wednesday and gets issued a citation for speeding.

So worst case scenario X dodged a DUI charge by straight up lying to the police and getting away with it. Best case scenario X lied to police about his name and him being the driver and was lucky as hell that he didn’t get charged with providing false information and/or a hit & run in what should’ve been a straightforward speeding ticket with an awkward headline.

Honestly it feels like something that should’ve been more than a 1 game suspension. Even though he wasn’t charged he technically committed both a felony hit & run and a providing false info misdemeanor.

5 Likes

Yikes. Cringe.

Jesus you gotta chill

Was just summarizing the events as best as I could considering there have been like 3 separate updates today alone with new tidbits of info released each time. Didn’t realize that is overboard on a thread discussing the situation?

2 Likes

Michigan basketball’s silence on Zavier Simpson sends the wrong message

A fine of 130 is for driving 1-5 MPH over the limit. I was fined three weeks ago for the same thing/amount. However, I was actually driving 20 over the limit and because it was my first ticket, the officer was quite lenient. Wouldn’t be surprised if X got the same preferential treatment.

4 Likes

From the same author. If you wonder why mainstream media is struggling in a lot of formats, here’s part of the answer. Michigan didn’t owe anyone anything. Zavier got a ticket, he wasn’t charged with a crime. Do we need to know about it any time an athlete gets a ticket? Because there are a lot of instances of suspensions for "violating team rules " across the sports world where an official explanation never comes out.

10 Likes

Heh. That’s quite the double standard, but we’re used to that. Michigan sets a higher bar so others do for it as well.

1 Like

That is a very bad look. Lies, told lying is illegal, acknowledges that, continues lying.

Doesn’t appear sloppy drunk at least. Definitely not icy on that road.

So he said his name is “Jeff Jackson Simpson“? And then immediately responded to “like the basketball player Simpson”? With “yeah”. What a strange way to lie

1 Like

Yeah, the lying is real bad, but I am at least encouraged that he doesn’t appear visibly drunk.

1 Like

He does not look drunk at all. To be honest, he looks like a scared kid, who was never been in trouble before. X is a very innocent person, imo.

How the heck did he smash into the pole though. The roads were looking great. I assumed it was slippery.

Was it proven that he was the driver?

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, the cop notes that the seat is pulled far up, so he presumes that he’s covering up for a girl. So, maybe he admitted to it and X’s girlfriend (remember the crazy Malia Obama rumor lmao) was actually the driver?

Very strange overall

Yeah, it feels like he was covering for someone.

1 Like

Jeez I can’t even bear to watch this :confounded:

Edit: I just watched it, and the whole seat thing is actually intriguing. I thought it was just the police trying to cover up for Simpson, but it doesn’t seem that way. The seat was literally so far up, and I can’t imagine why.

Maybe we’ll never know what actually happened. As someone who has raised two boys who are now 21 and 18, I do know one thing for sure. Kids do dumb things, kids lie, and sometimes those things lead to more serious situations like this. I’m not trying to marginalize the situation; just to acknowledge that nobody should think any less of X over this. He’s a kid, and my impression is that he’s a good kid.

9 Likes

Well said ChathaM.

Are all posts in here “awaiting approval” for does Malia Obama not get through the filter?

EDIT: have no idea what got flagged in my post. It said "Malia is 6’1 so it wasn’t her :rofl: "

2 Likes

Weird. I haven’t been following this but is it possible X really did just walk by? Maybe his biggest crime was lying about his name?