‘When you don't make shots, it makes things a little more difficult’: Michigan’s season ends in missed opportunities

2 Likes

That pretty much sums it up. Michigan is the better team, but they just couldn’t make shots. I think this was the first game in the tourney that we really missed Livers. Franz and Smith both really struggled offensively and we just didn’t have enough scoring to make up the difference.

Tough way to end what was otherwise a really good year.

1 Like

I mean, when was the last time Michigan lost a game giving up 51 points?

2 Likes

Right we couldn’t “make shots” but on a night when we’re not able to make shots; I think the adjustment has to be get downhill to the bucket.

I’m not just talking the last few minutes but the 2nd half as a whole, we could have used a few of those Chaundee Brown drives or more of the Franz swooping drives, it felt like because he missed the first one that he lost some of the confidence in a shot he still probably makes or creates a foul on 70-80% of the time.

Tough way to go out, but I’m excited about next years squad and wish these guys whichever way they go, nothing but the best!
It was a fun year despite the cloud of Covid.

1 Like

The problem was that UCLA knew this as well and was conceding the three (except against Brown who they tightly guarded out there). When we took it inside, most of those shots in there were contested.

It’s frustrating that we shot poorly inside but finishing in traffic was an issue for a lot of guys this year. I’d like to see Hunter next year after another summer of working out with Sanderson.

1 Like