What we learned: Reflecting on Michigan's 2018-19 season

Castleton and no I wouldn’t expect Castleton at the four at all.

1 Like

Castleton, but I DO expect Faulds will be in the mix as the number three guy at the five position, behind JT and CC.

Look for Livers, Johns and possibly Wilson at the 4 next season

Livers or Johns will get more minutes at the 5 next year than Faulds.

2 Likes

I’ve learned I miss having no more games to look forward to. Greatest non trophy team in Michigan history or however Dylan phrased it.

1 Like

Taking nothing away from this year’s team, I would put the 1975-76 Michigan team in consideration for that title as well.

3 Likes

If Castleton can handle the switch-all teams better than Teske, he’ll push for minutes. His HS highlight reel showed that maybe he can put the ball on the floor. Not surprised if he posts better as well. Teske isn’t necessarily working from a position of experience in doing any of the things needed to handle switch-everything teams.

Well they made the FF and championship game. I think that eliminates them since they hung a banner

1 Like

Again, thanks for running the site and providing all the content Dylan.

I do agree there will be a transfer or two; it’s just the natural of college bball these days. But I don’t think its fair to speculate who or suggest should. I know it’s easy to do though.

It always amazes me how coaches these days can manage a full scholarship roster with transfers and early departures. Obviously Beilein as a good track record identifying mid and lower rated guys so hopefully he can do it again deep in this cycle.

Early in the season I was wondering if Faulds might be able to contribute next year or down the line. I haven’t seen him in person, but from pictures and video he seems to have the size to compete. But the fact that we haven’t heard anything about him probably tells you something. When Matthews and Robinson sat out their year, you’d hear reports about how they were impressive in practice. I’d think if that was the case for Faulds we’d hear about it. That’s not to say if he sticks around he couldn’t be a useful piece in a few years, but I just don’t think he steps in and plays or provides meaningful minutes for at least a few years.

You are right, I forgot about the FF banner.

We’ll see, won’t we.