UCLA, USC reportedly joining Big Ten

My son is ecstatic and rubbing it in that he’ll get a potential USC at Michigan night football game while he’s a student and UCLA at Michigan basketball of course

6 Likes

They aren’t stopping at UCLA or USC. Michigan better take notice or get left behind in the NIL game for USC football and UCLA basketball.

1 Like

Wow. Honestly I’m stunned.

If we are going to cannibalize, we should try to grab Wash, Oregon … tier … Cal-Berk and Stanford. Will be hard to leave OSU and WSU out, but … doable?

1 Like

Oregon is killing it with their NIL game. From the standpoint of Oregon being competitive sure but as a direct competitor to Michigan that would put Michigan down another peg.

Michigan is going to be competing with all these schools in recruiting regardless of what conference they are in.

11 Likes

How about Stanford?

2 Likes

People seem to think this means ND can definitely happen, which implies at least one more team. Folks also speculating that SC and UCLA would want SOMEBODY in their time zone so they’re not flying to every single game and that the Bay Area market is worth having in the portfolio.

1 Like

Cal is the obvious choice here but their AD is probably uhhh out of the office so good luck getting them on the line.

1 Like

USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Oregon, Washington, ND to the Big Ten (20, kick out Nebraska, no longer AAU)

Nebraska, FSU, Miami, Clemson to the SEC (20)

Arizona, ASU, Colorado, Utah to the Big Twelve (16 after OU/Texas leaves, UCF/BYU/Cincy/Houston join)

RIP to the Pac 12 (Oregon St./Washington St. to the MWC) and then the ACC has 12.

There also been talking of Kansas becoming independent for football and joining the Big East for everything else (maybe with Gonzaga).

NIL basically ended college sports as we know it, might as well just go with it and get wild now.

5 Likes

I like the part where Scott Frost gets kicked out. Lol

5 Likes

And it’s officially official. Not sure I have ever seen something of that magnitude move that quickly. Went from laughable rumor to a done deal in 4 hours.

11 Likes

Need to add Alaska Anchorage and Hawaii next. Make the footprint cover the entirety of the country!

5 Likes

Looks like there’s more to come…

4 Likes

Won’t be quite that fast…

3 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes

Good. I see no advantage in having more than 16 teams. There’s only one candidate that will clearly bring in more money than they take out. If ND wants to join, then consider Oregon or Washington. Or seeing if Nebraska wants out.

3 Likes

What lessons can Hunter take from Big 10 legend Lew Alcindor to add to his game for this coming season?

5 Likes

Looking forward to the 7 day 24 team conference basketball tournament.

9 Likes