UCLA, USC reportedly joining Big Ten

While football is the thing that is fueling expansion, if this happens (and it sounds like it really may be, this involves all sports.

4 Likes

UCLA and USC are both recruiting at a big time level right now. I like this move from a basketball perspective as well, tbh.

Ummmmmmmm

5 Likes

LOL college sports. That’s all I’ve got.

2 Likes

Rutgers to UCLA/USC is one heck of a commute

7 Likes

Only 5 double plays now :grimacing:

2 Likes

They really should go to 2 8 team divisions in this case and make it a 22 game conference schedule. 7 double plays and 1 game each against the other division and flip flop home/away the following year.

9 Likes

Congrats to Michigan on drawing MSU, Illinois, UCLA, Purdue, and Wisconsin as their double plays

8 Likes

I think this is going to the “Big 20” before it’s all said and done. Two 10 team divisions. Why wouldn’t they?

Please god no.

1 Like

It’s heading this way anyways. I’d prefer to add two programs that add value in basketball and football versus mopping up the Big 12 leftovers

9 Likes

Notre Dame… come on down. Not sure they have much reason to say no at this point. That leaves 3 more spots.

Would Kansas bail on KSU?

UVA, VT, ISU, Colorado the other choices?

4 Likes

Feels like USC and UCLA were the only appealing options to add other than Notre Dame really, no? High profile, high academic, big brands, great programs, depth of programs, TV market.

9 Likes

Is the Big 10 still pretending academics has anything to do with this and still only accepting AAU schools? If so, The PAC 12 has Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Cal and Stanford all available.

3 Likes

Totally. When there were rumors about adding Kansas and Iowa State I think it was(?) in the immediate aftermath of the SEC getting UT and OU that sounded like an awful move for the B1G . Had to be big guns, and USC and UCLA were the only choices. This could also help eventually get ND in the fold.

2 Likes

I believe Nebraska isn’t an AAU school anymore (they were when they joined the B10) so that’s probably enough precedent to add whoever the want within reason

But I guess a couple more westward teams would make sense. Oregon is a super weird fit but they’re a big brand.

Yeah… Iowa State and Kansas don’t move the needle at all really I would think. UCLA and USC do. If you are going to only have a couple leagues left then the UCLA and USC are schools that have to be in. If you have OSU, UM, UCLA and USC in your league … it is going to be relevant.

4 Likes

What about Stanford and Berkeley?

3 Likes

It makes no sense lol. USC and UCLA are two of the premier programs in the revenue sports, literally fundamental to the fabric of the Pac.This goes through and there’s no point to conferences.

1 Like

love it, then again i love michigan playing all over and in different places. Only care that msu and osu are on the football schedule and msu(twice) on the basketball schedule every year, rest can just rotate imo

1 Like