This is a good team

Indiana was 20-13 (9-9) and made the NCAAT as a 10 seed.

If Michigan went 18-14 and finished above .500 (10-8) in the Big Ten, they most certainly would have been a bubble team. Still wouldn’t be enough to get in, but I said bubble team not NCAA Tournament team.

Michigan lost four overtime games last season. If Michigan wins 3 of those 4 and finishes the season 19-13 (11-7) with a top 10 overall Strength of Schedule, that gets them in the NCAAT and it would be foolish to disagree with that. If 3 wins gets them in the NCAAT, then surely 2 wins at least puts them on the wrong side of the bubble.

The larger point, though, is that I think it’s silly to call this year’s team a “bubble team at best”.

1 Like

One extra thing is you have to subtract a win from all of your records since one our wins didn’t count for the committee (against a D2 team).

I guess maybe we could have been a bubble team with three extra wins. Although yeah I guess we would have been a bubble team with 3 extra wins

I’m not ruling out making the tournament this year. I said we would be the last 4 in or last 4 out most of the year.

You’re relentless.

1 Like

Why the added phrase “most of the year”? What are you expecting for the rest of the year?

1 Like

Because we aren’t in that conversation yet.

Okay then a 12 seed will be a push. Anything higher than a 12 seed and I win.

I wouldn’t have to be relentless if you helped come up with the terms. This should be easy money for you if Michigan has the ceiling of a last 4 in team. If that is true, there should be no chance they end up higher than a 12 seed (since that is what ceiling means).

And if you don’t want to bet money, we can bet something else. Or we could make it in good faith and the loser of the bet donates to the site.

Okay. I’ll take the bet. Loser donates $20 to the site.

But now I feel slimy. I never bet against Michigan. At least the money goes towards a Pro Michigan site.

Can we move the seeding to 10? I believe you can still be considered a last 4 in and be seeded around a 10. Your call

Yeah, good point

How about 12 is a win for you, 11 can be a push. That’s 10 NCAA bids Michigan can take without you losing the bet. Fair?

The good news for you is that I went 0 for 2 on my forum bets with @MattD last season.

Fair. Good Luck Sir. I hope you win.

1 Like

Watching smu games, they are a team Michigan can beat. With Doyle playing much better lately, their big body won’t be as affective. MAAR guarding Moore will be a nice matchup. I hope Walton doesn’t play, let him rest as long as possible until he is a few days in to 100%. Last year was a huge mistake letting him play, can’t have that again.

People see us as a bubble team? Lol u guys are nuts. We will make the tourney for sure.we have a ton of talent and one of the deepest rosters in the big ten. This team is going to get better as the year progresses. It’s just gelling and learning the roles. Even without Walton or spike we make it. If coach b does his job and we develop the way we should we will be very dangerous in a wide open field. Remember Aubrey and spike have done nothing.they will be contributors later on. Wagner is going to give us a competent center and Walton if healthy is a problem as he’s shown. He gets to the rack or kicks to four different 40 percent plus shooters. Not to mention the team rebounding looked good versus nc st. I’ll take our individual talent versus anyone in big ten later on the year. Also Irvin will only improve.

Future is bright. This 2016 class is sleeper just like 14. Ibi has great potential as a scorer. Simpson is obviously a great fit coming in. Teske is a good shot blocker. But Davis is the sleeper. He has better post up moves than anyone on the roster already. He’s physical and likes contact. A real big man who plays on the post. Also looks like he could develop s mid range game. This class complements are weaknesses. Coach b may have missed on big guys but he still landed a lot of what we needed. Big blue is going no where anytime soon,

People aren’t smart enough to look at Michigan’s schedule. I think 23 wins is definitely realistic with potential for more. Purdue didn’t look that great yestetday either.

I predicted 22 wins, which may sound like a lot, but it is only 6 more than last year. Seems very doable to me.

The Stretch after SMU will be a great resume builder, specifically padding the Win column. It’ll also be a great stretch to work on timing on both offense and help defense.

I’m hoping for noticeable improvement through December. Things we can point to and say without a doubt, it has improved. I would prefer there be no more questions on rotation come Illinois barring an injury.

For sure. Going 4-1 over the next 5 games should be the expectation. 5-0 would be great and 3-2 would be disappointing. Sitting at 10-3 with a formidable SOS is a solid OOC season. 10-8 in conference and then 1 win in Indy and that’s a 21-12 record going into selection Sunday. Not bad at all.

That being said, let’s focus on SMU because I am getting way ahead of myself lol.

@hailtoyourvictor @mpbear14 Tough part is other than SMU these other games are only going to hurt the RPI and SOS.

1 Like

I agree. SMU is really, really important because the rest is all cupcakes-- not just low majors, but real bottom dwellers. They really scheduled soft this year and wil need to find a marquee win or two in the Big Ten to compensate. And that means MSU, Maryland, or Purdue. I am really cheering for Texas and NCSU from here on in but realistically neither looks all that great.

Not sure they softened the schedule…Pretty much seven guarantee games in most years. Drawing Charlotte at Atlantis (and them being beyond awful) is just the luck of the draw.

Fair enough. I know they don’t have much control over the ACC matchup or the Atlantis bracket that paired them with an abysmal Charlotte team. But I’m hardly the only one that has pointed out the weak non-conf schedule this year. In any event I would expect that resume will be an issue come selection Sunday unless they can steal a couple games from the Big Ten’s top tier.