Sweet 16 Open Thread

Does Wisconsin advance? Can West Virginia upset Kentucky? Who do you like in Oklahoma/Michigan State.

Fire away here.

Love watching Notre Dame play. Just a terrific offense with shooters all over the floor and really versatile guards. They remind me of last year’s Michigan team in a lot of ways.

But good grief, Wichita State flipped the switch defensively. Came out so flat and now are just locking down the Irish. Taking them out of everything they want to run.

Love watching Notre Dame play. Just a terrific offense with shooters all over the floor and really versatile guards. They remind me of last year's Michigan team in a lot of ways.

Was thinking the same thing. But it makes you wonder just how good they could have been on offense if JMo was more athletic or if Mitch got to play healthy.

Man… That offense last year was the best of the KenPom era. They were pretty damn good. Auguste is a little more versatile and uses about twice as many possessions as Morgan did, he’d be a great five at the top of the key in U-M’s offense.

Love how Demetrius Jackson has developed, brings me back to watching him at Spiece. Loved his athleticism, impressed with how his shot has come along (he’s shooting like 40% on threes).

Wisconsin is having fouls called against them. UNC in bonus with a little over 7 minutes left.

Big time plays there by the Badgers. Love Sam Dekker, I think he gets unfairly criticized. Sure he doesn’t dominate games but the threat he provides makes that whole team so much better. He’s passing, rebounding and scoring as well as I’ve seen.

And does Josh Gasser ever miss big shots? Kid is so clutch. His defensive stop on that fastbreak was the reason every Big Ten team hates him.

You knew there was no way that Gasser 3 was going to miss.

Great game for dekker, but I don’t understand how a couple of those drives to the hoop aren’t travelling

Big time plays there by the Badgers. Love Sam Dekker, I think he gets unfairly criticized. Sure he doesn't dominate games but the threat he provides makes that whole team so much better. He's passing, rebounding and scoring as well as I've seen.

And does Josh Gasser ever miss big shots? Kid is so clutch. His defensive stop on that fastbreak was the reason every Big Ten team hates him.

I was a little floored that Dekker set his career high at 23. He is too good to not have gone off for more than that at some point.

I can’t stand Wisconsin…that is all

I really like UNC’s style of play. But, having no Michigan in this tournament has made my priority goal to see UK fail. I’ve been looking at the best matchups to see them lose, and it’s either Wisconsin or Arizona (UNC would never survive). ND has a shot too, I think. But size might be a problem.
Duke obviously has a shot, but that would mean them winning the tournament, which I can never root for.

Anyway, happy to see the B1G go forward. I’ve never been a fan of Dekker, but after seeing him tonight, he’s earned everyone’s respect. Amazing way to step up on an slow early game from Frank.

Big time plays there by the Badgers. Love Sam Dekker, I think he gets unfairly criticized. Sure he doesn't dominate games but the threat he provides makes that whole team so much better. He's passing, rebounding and scoring as well as I've seen.

No, every big ten team hates Gasser because he routinely undercuts jump shooters.

@Alum05: That too, but the kid makes plays and plays his ass off, gotta give him that.

@jivan: Those are the two teams I circled before the tournament and I think it’s terrible that they are in the same region.

@MattD: Didn’t like that game? Thought it was a pretty good one from both sides.

Ugh. That Rondae Hollis-Jefferson knee injury looked awful. Hope he’s ok.

@Alum05: That too, but the kid makes plays and plays his ass off, gotta give him that.

@jivan: Those are the two teams I circled before the tournament and I think it’s terrible that they are in the same region.

@MattD: Didn’t like that game? Thought it was a pretty good one from both sides.

Not about the game, about Wisconsin under Bo Ryan. I think everyone knows Im a huge fan of physical play, but I can’t help but to think Wisconsin is literally trained to make dirty plays that have the potential to injure the opponent. Fine line between physicality and the shenanigans displayed by Wisc under Ryan. Everybody criticizes Cal for perceived cheating, Ryan does the same, albeit in a different manner…the only difference being the cheating by Wisc has direct physical consequences on the opposition.

Watching some of these teams (Wisc, UNC, ND) makes me wish we had a really athletic big

Not about the game, about Wisconsin under Bo Ryan. I think everyone knows Im a huge fan of physical play, but I can’t help but to think Wisconsin is literally trained to make dirty plays that have the potential to injure the opponent. Fine line between physicality and the shenanigans displayed by Wisc under Ryan. Everybody criticizes Cal for perceived cheating, Ryan does the same, albeit in a different manner…the only difference being the cheating by Wisc has direct physical consequences on the opposition.

Agree 100%. The dirty play is bad, and the constant flopping is annoying. The players, more than on any other team, look so incredulous when called for a foul.

For those of you that said there is no way UK goes undefeated…yeah, good luck with that.

In other news, how does Dexter Miles feel right about now? Do you think Huggins is waiting to choke him after the game or perhaps he did it during halftime?

I was a little floored that Dekker set his career high at 23. He is too good to not have gone off for more than that at some point.

But that Shamgod was nice.

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is one of the best perimeter defenders in the country. Love what he did vs. LeVert earlier this year, Russell last week. Playing hurt in this second half, but still making plays.