Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk

Is going to Kansas. Not sure how much real interest there was with Michigan ever.

Booker, Kennard and Sviat: all Stauskas clones and all choose places where minutes will be scarce initially.

All blue bloods. Will be nice when we’re on the same prestige tier. Maybe we are with the 2016 class.

we’ll just have to keep plugging away. The TREND seems to be rising for us.

2008 - 2009: Stu, Novak, D-Mo, Morgan

2010 - 2011: Hardaway, Horford, Smotrycz, Burke

2012 - 2013: Stauskas, Levert, McGary, Robinson, Irvin, Walton

2014 - 2015: Chatman, Wilson, TBD

2016 - 2017: looks like a shot at some monster players in these classes

Guestavo, not sure I agree with your comment.

At the time Booker committed (early last fall), no one thought Stauskas would be a two-and-done player, and no one thought Levert would be a threat to leave after this coming year. So, if he looked at the wing depth chart, he would have seen Stauskas, Levert and Irvin ahead of him (the same analysis applies to Blackmon, too). Conversely, at UK, it was assumed the Harrisons (as five star recruits) were one-and-done players.

If Booker were making his decision with the benefit of all that information, I’m not sure he picks Kentucky.

Similarly, other than Selden, who does Kansas have on the perimeter right now that will definitely play ahead of Sviat? We have Levert and Irvin. I’d say our depth chart will be a little tougher to crack, though I’m sure he would play plenty. I don’t see anyone at Kansas really holding him back (I believe he’s immediately eligible, right?). I also wouldn’t be surprised to see him stay in Europe and get paid.

Kennard? Yeah, in terms of playing time, that’s a head scratcher. But Duke is Duke. Losing a recruit to them is something every school experiences, including Kentucky who also wanted Kennard.

Branden Greene and Kelly Oubre are both ahead of him, plus Frankampe/Mason have a shot, as well. Caris and Irvin are awesome but no. Sviat has to add strength and adapt to the speed regardless but no doubt in my mind UM>KU as far as time and fit.

Greene barely played this year, and Oubre is a fellow five-star type talent along with Sviat. And Oubre himself is pretty skinny. Sure, Frankampe and Mason have a shot, as do Dawkins and MAAR for us.

Of all the players just mentioned, I’d say Levert is the best, and Irvin will be right there with anyone else this year.

Greene was a freshman who needed strength. He is a similar player to Irvin.

Frankampe and Mason were top 50 talents so no, not like MAAR or Dawkins.

And while I love LeVert, Oubre and Selden are held in pretty high esteem. Irvin is not on that tier.

LeVert
Selden
Oubre
Irvin
Greene
Mason
Frankampe
Dawkins
MAAR

is how I’d rank it and Sviat would be behind Greene. He could have got time at UM despite lack of strength but it is murkier at KU.

I don’t think Sviat would be behind Greene.

Either way, what’s going to make Kansas potentially great next year is the addition of a point guard and their front line of Alexander and Ellis. Selden is good, and Oubre is interesting, but I think Sviat would find a role there quickly, as he’s a great shooter and they lacked outside shooting this year.

Sviat is not a great shooter. He is just proficient with good form. Sh

Lack of strength and mass = bad defense and inability to get in the paint and finish. This story has played out plenty.

LOL. Three weeks ago you loved this guy and thought he was the best recruit we could possibly target. Now that he committed to Kansas he’s weak and no longer a great shooter?

Basically, I think you’ll say anything when it suits your argument, even if you’ve said something 100% to the contrary on a prior occasion. I think Sviat plays a fair amount for Kansas this year and will be a steady wing contributor for them along with Oubre and Selden. I also think he’ll shoot a pretty nice percentage from three because with Alexander and Ellis, they’ll have a nice inside-out game. We shall see.

I still love Sviat but physical maturation is real. Shooting efficiency is dependent on strength i.e. Stauskas or look at Durant at Texas

I’ve never said anything contrary, you are speaking on a subject I doubt you are very informed about.

Here, read it from guys who have tracked his development for years and hear them say he will be a bench guy his 1st year http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1314248

I still love Sviat but physical maturation is real. Shooting efficiency is dependent on strength i.e. Stauskas or look at Durant at Texas

I’ve never said anything contrary, you are speaking on a subject I doubt you are very informed about.

Here, read it from guys who have tracked his development for years and hear them say he will be a bench guy his 1st year Sviatoslav Mikhailiuk - RealGM

Nothing better than people who know everything about everything and will argue anything just to argue.

Here, read it from guys who have tracked his development for years and hear them say he will be a bench guy his 1st year Sviatoslav Mikhailiuk - RealGM

Nothing better than people who know everything about everything and will argue anything just to argue.

I don’t know everything about everything but I do know Sviat’s strengths and limitations.

Nothing better than people who refute or don’t back up assertions WITH(OUT) facts.

I saw Sviat at NHS, AST2014 and read up on his U16 performances plus watched all available footage. Brought him up initially on this forum. Something tells me I might have more insight than others…

I don’t know everything about everything but I do know Sviat’s strengths and limitations.

Nothing better than people who refute or don’t back up assertions WITH(OUT) facts.

I saw Sviat at NHS, AST2014 and read up on his U16 performances plus watched all available footage. Brought him up initially on this forum. Something tells me I might have more insight than others…

You could not have proved theoracle’s point better with this response. Well done.

You could not have proved theoracle’s point better with this response. Well done.

I can tell more from watching a few minutes of video than most people can tell from a whole season of in person evaluation.
Signed, Matt D.
PS: DJ Wilson has poor lateral movement.

Sviat isn’t going to be the whole team, so IMO he’ll be fine coming in and contributing right away without being the only guy to shoulder the load.

He’s young. He’s weak. But he can ball. Kansas got a good player.

I can tell more from watching a few minutes of video than most people can tell from a whole season of in person evaluation.
Signed, Matt D.

Except I’ve watched MULTIPLE full games. What is your point? Lot of sour grapes in here.

Who cares? If I know more about a subject, I’m not going to defer to someone who is probably aware because I posted about it, let alone tell me my viewpoint.Oh yeah, it helps when you add sources to your opinion to provide legitimacy to " know everything about everything and will argue anything just to argue."

Just because you watch a few games, it doesn’t mean your evaluation correct? Who says you are a better evaluator of talent than anyone else? Posters like that do not make boards like these fun places to visit

Signed, Matt D.

Except I’ve watched MULTIPLE full games. What is your point? Lot of sour grapes in here.

Who cares? If I know more about a subject, I’m not going to defer to someone who is probably aware because I posted about it, let alone tell me my viewpoint.Oh yeah, it helps when you add sources to your opinion to provide legitimacy to " know everything about everything and will argue anything just to argue."

Maybe you weren’t around for Matt D. My point is that it’s sufficient to state your opinion and the fact that you’ve seen more of the recruit without claiming that everyone else is uninformed.