Summer Practice

YES, forgot to mention that, but definitely saw it!

Yeah, I WISH I could do that, too. I usually only get to three games per year, two pre B1G and one Big game. Oh, and, of course the open practice I mentioned earlier, so I make it over to AA four times.

My wife goes with me for one game, and we make it a weekend. I go to a game with two (or three) of my former players, which is a tradition for us. And I come down to see a game with my long time buddy, high school friend, and best man at my wedding who lives in AA.

Iā€™d love it if we had a umhoops game where as many of us as could make it could meet up!

5 Likes

We usually make it up for a couple games a year and go to the games at Purdue and IU.

UMHoops meet up would be a blast!

Weā€™re scrapping our football trips and have decided to use that budget on more basketball games. Hoping we can start getting up to 4 or 5 games per season.

3 Likes

Yes, I had some hopes of a meetup around Tā€™giving, when my brother is hosting in A2 this year. Only one problem. . . no game then. One of these days, though!

We could all meet in Atlantis! Our families would be ecstatic if we all skipped out on Thanksgiving.

1 Like

Speaking of tickets. Anyone know when the ticket packs and individual games usually go on sale?

Tell me about it. We live in Dallas now, but Iā€™m considering season tix since I work for an airline. My wife hates me for even considering flying on a random Tuesday night

1 Like

This is why you got the airline job! Haha

1 Like

July 26 is season ticket deadline, so weā€™ll probably get an update after that.

Thereā€™s still a huge waitlist for student season tickets. Pretty crazy given everything that happened this offseason.

1 Like

Ooh actually? Are you a current student? Interesting because the last time there was a large demand, they just oversold, instituted the claim system and allowed 3000 people to claim per game.

They have the claim system every year I believe. In fact, having ā€œseason ticketsā€ just puts you in the claim system. There are also lots of single game tickets they open up for students not in the claim system. But yes, season tickets are sold out which includes the overselling.

Wow. When I went to school season tickets were a whopping $12 for 12 home games. No lottery. First come-first serve on purchase day, by class. Slept out with a 10-pack of Sr. IDs to get early selection. Had choice of first 10 rows nearly anywhere. Now, lucky to do 1 game every two years at StubHub prices.

5 Likes

and we used to abuse Al Renfroe when he arrived on the sale morning because he had no clue what he was doing

Hard to tell how much strength he has gained without Beilein nearby to compare him to.

16 Likes

Looks like Rocky.

2 Likes

Wow,looks impressive.

That is certainly not the Brandon Johns I saw play last season. Wow!

He is a big, strong young man. We know he is loaded with talent. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing him use that talent and that body playing for Juwan Howard.

1 Like

Never underestimate the impact of the SANDMAN!

2 Likes