Same old story, frustrating finish

Because it’s optional with this team

Take out team and add in program

He doesn’t care about D he only likes 3 point shooters.

Why did donnal set his feet, square his body, and throw the ball off the backboard?

1 Like

I know some. They post here on this site.

And ad hominems are not always fallacious.

Do you really need an answer to that??

No. I’m just sad. I worry every single time he Doyle or Duncan even go in for a layup.

1 Like

Yeah I hear you. It’s been a disappointing ride that’s for sure.

Michigan has no pros on the team as it stands and are playing teams with atleast 1 or 2. This translates to loses usually.

1 Like

Michigan would never hire Chris Mack. Not the most ethical guy, and supposedly his assistants do most of the actual coaching.

we must start praying this summer does wonders for these guys or we are in for more heartache next year.

Anybody wanting to fire him right now better be prepared to pay way over market value for the next coach and put in a Kirk Ferentz style buyout into their contract. Coaches want alot of assurances if they go to a school that fires their coach two years removed from one of the better stretches in program history.

This season was not acceptable by any means. But unless he goes below .500 next season, I don’t see us making a move. He’s got next season and the year after to get back near our 2011-2014 levels. __

And pray other players on other teams aren’t working as hard. I agree that they need to work hard in the offseason some people seem to believe that Michigan has the only players who work hard in the offseason.

So you think if he misses the tourney again he wouldn’t be gone?? That’s a long rope he is given for the salary he will be receiving.

If he misses 3 straight years and nothing happens It speaks volumes to the fan base and recruits Michigan is fine with not making the tourney. Not a good look IMO

Maybe Simpson can come in and score 20 a game for us next year. It’s hard for me to believe if dj played 25 min a game he wouldn’t be better than donnal. Or if chatman played 30 a night instead of Duncan that he could produce more.

What exactly has Duncan done in 2016 to merit all this playing time?

I think he probably gets a complete pass for last season. And he did just sign an extension (albeit under a different AD) in the fall. So I assume his buyout probably got bigger as well. If we miss the tourney next season, the following year has to have some major improvement (like conference contender/second weekend of tourney improvement)

He is getting paid over 3.3 million a year. People might want to check where that ranks him among coaching salaries.

I’ve always said, miss the tourney this year and that makes next year his hot seat year.
No one with a brain would feel that’s too harsh. I mean, making the tourney shouldn’t be that hard when you’re a program like Michigan.

There are 3 coaches sitting out there right now that Michigan could land no questions asked and they would be an upgrade. Mack, Miller, Marshall.
Edit: throw in Bennett

Don’t let them get away Warde.

No way you can justify JB’s top 10 salary in CBB anymore. That ship has sailed.