Report: UNC transfer Seventh Woods considering Michigan

I would assume that South Carolina is the eventual move here given that he’s supposedly close to a decision and Michigan just reached out… but the fact that Michigan reached out is still very interesting.

1 Like

A vast percentage of Michigan victories over the past ten years were due to limiting turnovers and increasing possessions.

1 Like

Is it too much this move makes me think we’re fucked lol

1 Like

A problem with that scenario is there’s nothing to stop him from doing a grad transfer in 2020. Even if you offered him a scholarship, he might look for more playing time. He’d be in more demand as a grad transfer than he is now.

I’d say the same, except I already do hate UNC (and always have).

2 Likes

You’re making Seventh Woods sound a lot like Kansas’ Elijah Johnson played in the 2013 UM vs Kansas NCAA tournament game.

1 Like

If this is anything more than a cursory check in then yea I would be concerned. That would not be a good first step in Juwans talent identification.

I mean if it’s as a walk on I’d be happy. That’s a pretty decent walk on. He should be able to contribute in some capacity. But if it’s a scholarship that’s a head scratcher.

1 Like

Well, the first guy WE hear has heard.

Correct, and I meant among new late add types or transfers etc.

1 Like

I assume that Juwan may a little, too.

1 Like

It has to be one of those quick check ins. Plus there was already a tweet that his decision is made.

Plus the one article said he doesn’t even plan on taking visits.

1 Like

Ben Cronin was one of JBs first recruits.

2 Likes

People said the same thing about Charles Matthews… Sometimes you need a change of scenery and that redshirt year to prove yourself.

Matthews was a skinny freshman, not a three year vet.

1 Like

He is not a terrible player. D1 teams don’t recruit terrible players. Have you played D1 at a big level. This kid is no where near terrible. Be fair.

Have you ever filmed a movie? I hope you’ve never criticized one if not.

5 Likes

The program was in a far different state. And Cronin wasn’t a bad recruit. Injuries did him in.

2 Likes

No they didn’t. Everyone was pretty excited about Matthews coming.

I remember getting Cronin’s autograph as a kid at one of those camps that the players would “coach” at. Ridiculously nice person, knees of an old man :frowning:

2 Likes