Report: John Beilein interviews for Detroit Pistons coaching job

5 Likes

That’s one hell of an endorsement, though I hope no other franchises get any bright ideas!

1 Like

This just in - “we’re hearing Brad Stevens wants the Michigan job and tried using his burner account to tout current coaches credentials so the space would open up” - news at 11. sadly said no one ever.

2 Likes

Wait, why is that tweet from the future?

Some kind of time zone thing when tweets are embedded on the forum. I’ll try to figure out why.

1 Like

I’ve got to assume Casey is their top choice. This is a guy with lots of NBA head coaching experience and is coming off three straight 50-win seasons (including 59 this year). If you’re the Pistons, that’s a pretty nice hire to make. Do you really turn him down for a coach with no pro experience at all?

1 Like

except Casey might want to sit out a year to collect his salary from Toronto and wait for a better opening in the next round.

Beilein does not desperately want the job either. He is very comfortable at Michigan with a strong returning squad and one of his best recruiting class coming in, and a lot of wind behind him for 2019. If Warde throws him a big extension package, he is hard to move for Pistons.

Wojo makes good points here, I’m breathing easier…

16 Likes

Oh thank god!

5 Likes

As I stated a few days ago everyone should move away from the ledge. Now lets carry on with bringing in recruits.

1 Like