Report: Graduate transfer Justin Pierce to visit Michigan

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Get outta here, Roy!

I think everyone is expecting Johns to be a beast this year. A lot of people thought he would’ve contributed more last year. Problem with him is it’s mental and sometimes that can’t be fixed no matter what the coaches do. In the past, the mental side was Johns’ biggest issue as well and that was what I thought would be his biggest issue coming in. It’s something that SHOULD be taken care come next season but you never know with those issues. If he does make the leap mentally, Michigan will be in better shape than people are giving Michigan credit for.

Regarding Pierce yes I tend to agree with you after reading the article. But his words about Notre Dame were very strong as well and it’s a little closer to home and Coach Brey is an excellent coach in his own right. Wouldn’t be shocked if he landed there. I’m thinking it’s moreso a two horse race between Michigan and Notre Dame, and it may be a coin flip.

2 Likes

Any Justin Pierce sightings around campus or rumors out there ?

His junior year he was in the 82nd percentile of all eligible players on Kenpom for defensive rebound rate. For a 6’4” power forward I don’t know how he can be called “very poor” at rebounding even if his other years aren’t as good as that.

1 Like

Thanks for the stat. Interesting. I assume his other years were not as good? I agree that as far as 6’4" PFs go he was as good a rebounder as you can expect, but that doesn’t make him a good rebounder or even average necessarily. But admittedly I don’t have any stats either way.

Just hot takes and no stats? That is one way to go about it!

I just meant I don’t have access to KenPom’s database so I don’t have much context for the rebounding numbers I can find. Don’t think it’s Hot Take-y to suggest Novak was an average at best rebounder for a PF?

1 Like

No Pierce sightings yet but I gotta say, I don’t think this weather helps. I know it wouldnt have been possible, but I wish he was here a couple weekends ago when we were all out having fun and it was 65 degrees!

To be fair, the original take was “very poor rebounder” :wink:

1 Like

To be fair, his rebounding was above average for a 6-4 PF…but he bled maize and blue! Maybe the biggest heart!

image https://mattongie.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/young-lincoln.jpg

1 Like

Is the weather bad over there? It is sunny and 64 here in GR. Absolutely beautiful! But, seriously, I don’t think he’ll make a decision based on weather, and he’s from Chicago, right? He knows what the weather is like in this part of the country.

Oh, by the way, do we really have spies out there?!? :grin:

1 Like

Him being from Chicago is pretty important, I totally agree, he is probably used to weather like this. But man, the vibe on campus was as good as I’ve ever seen it a couple weeks ago. Felt like a gameday in the fall. Its been pouring all day today just about.

2 Likes

Ahhhh, I read your comment on another thread about going to church and seeing Iggy and Nunez, so you’re the spy! You’re even following these guys to church! :smile:

Welcome to the forum! You’ve got to choose your words carefully here (hate? :grinning:)! I’ve gotten in trouble a few times, and I ALWAYS try to choose my words carefully!

This is a great venue for discussion of Michigan Basketball with really knowledgeable guys, and Dylan is a master!

1 Like

I appreciate it a lot!

Im a huge basketball junkie and occasionally am credentialed to call some games for radio, so I love this team and following the offseasons. My housemates get tired of me telling them everything thats going on with the team, so where better to discuss than here! (I’m also a big fan of Dylan’s coverage and opinions)

4 Likes

I JUST had a conversation, like two hours ago, with a Michigan fan about the basketball early entry and recruiting situation! His golf partner literally had to drag him out of the parking lot to get him away from me so they could go play! :rofl:

4 Likes

We sound like the same person. I write as much as I can for my own pleasure about basketball and soccer, through that means I watch an ungodly amount of both sports and I think my roommates are over it lol! This is a perfect place to scratch one of those itches!

2 Likes

Has anyone heard any news from his visit? I know he wanted to stay quiet until he made his decision, but was hoping to hear some tidbits.

I was hoping something would of leaked from someone here in Ann Arbor ?

heard he is going to commit. going on UNC for formality reasons

1 Like