Report: Five-star forward Greg Brown sets Michigan official visit

IIRC, he was going to transfer after sophomore (skipped the exit meeting with JB) and then changed his mind because he didn’t want to miss another year of playing basketball after barely playing as a freshman / sophomore. He was very open on it during the season on that Dunk and Dak podcast.

3 Likes

I personally think the junior Johns is going to be a force. He will be on the floor for minutes imo.

Also as shaky as Colin had looked I still think he gets back on track and has a nice career here. . We’ve seen plenty of guys go through ruts who’ve flashed potential and they almost all work out , eli being a prime example.

3 Likes

And sometimes it’s just better for them to transfer even though they would have likely found roles here. Ala Chatman and Watson, and kinda Smotrycz. Howard wasn’t the coach that recruited them and seeing lots of very highly ranked players is bound to make some kids think very hard about moving on. That’s just a fact.

1 Like

Smotrycz should’ve stayed

7 Likes

I agree, but he was such a whipping boy of some fans by the end of his time here.

To be very clear, I am not rooting for anyone to leave. I am a big fan of everyone on the roster. I am very excited to see Bajema progress and I still think Nunez is a pinch of confidence away from being a factor. I like all of the players and I am not completely sold on the idea that getting the “Super Six” is necessarily a good thing in the long term. I am a fan of the MAAR’s of the world. Experienced guys who get the job done without much to-do. That being said, it would be wildly entertaining if this 2020 class explodes and everyone shows up on campus.

6 Likes

Big recruiting weekend coming up. Greg Brown (2020), Jaden Hardy (2021) and Colin Smith (2022) all visiting for the MSU game. Wonder if any other guys will be there that haven’t been made public. Wouldn’t be surprised to see some of the local kids at the game too (Brooks, Rodgers, Bates). Would love to have Livers back for that one so it can be a competitive, lively environment

6 Likes

I believe Kennedy Chandler, the #1 PG in 2021 and a top 15 player is doing an official visit this weekend as well.

1 Like

Chandler’s original date was the 15th, I believe. Could have changed though.

1 Like

I’m with you. I think we would need Livers back to have a real chance against Sparty.

Kennedy reposted the IG post on his IG stories. So I’m assuming he moved the date up.

2 Likes

State has our number lately, but they’ve already lost 3 B1G road games. Some variation to control Winston would help immensely.

Even with livers it’s a tough one. As much as I hate Izzo he understands the blue print of how to defend a Zavier led offense. We’d need a lights out defensive performance which we haven’t seemed capable of this year.

I’d love to get him back just so he can get into the swing of things and we can nail a new rotation down now that Johns is breaking out.

2 Likes

They’re a different team on the road. But it would take our best game in a long time.

1 Like

They’re a different team against us, period. It is indeed going to take this team’s best year-to-date performance, I’d bet.

8 Likes
1 Like