David DeJulius to enter transfer portal

DDJ officially in transfer portal.

Bummer. I wish him well and I hope he doesn’t go to East Lansing.

3 Likes

Seemed he would play at least as much as he did last year but maybe he just wants a fresh start. I dunno.

Would be surprised if he ended up at a high level high major, I’d watch for a program like Missouri.

1 Like

I’m not too surprised. DDJ seemed like one of the more likely attrition candidates. We should be able to cover for this assuming Christopher and/or a quality grad transfer fill that spot.

3 Likes

Given some of our previous player decisions transferring in conference, it is sad that could actually be a real option.

2 Likes

Yep. I don’t recall who else was in on him as a recruit but I’d guess MSU would’ve been one of them. OSU lost their PG too, so…

1 Like

I really hate this, but I get it. Good luck to him. He’s going to take those 2 seasons of Zavier school he attended and be a real contributor somewhere soon.

1 Like

Zeb Jackson and/or Bryce Aiken step right up!

3 Likes

I wish David nothing but the best. He’s an outstanding young man who was always a team player. I loved his attitude of truly cheering for his teammates, and I believe he will a great addition to some lucky program. Like others, hope that program is not a B1G program, but only for selfish reasons. Again, DDJ, I’m sure you don’t read this forum, but best of luck wherever you decide to take your talents! Many on here will miss you and the future we could see for you here at Michigan!

30 Likes

Mannnnnnn that sucks. I think he’s going to be great wherever he lands. Fortunately, Juwan’s omelet menu looks great. Just gotta break some eggs!

UIC!!! Yak

I had very high expectations for David, wish him nothing but the best going forward. Hopefully he is a good student and makes a wise choice that not only allows him to possibly reach his dreams on the court but off the court as well.

Count me as a Dave fan, and I’m disappointed that he’s leaving. It would have been fun to watch him continue to develop here. But, if he was fairly certain that playing time would continue to be significantly limited, I totally get his decision. I hope he does well wherever he lands.

2 Likes

Butler and Lavall Jordan? Seen they’ve been mentioned with perimeter transfer targets

10 Likes

Yak didn’t recruit him.

I think he can still be a star player somewhere.

1 Like

Good luck, DDJ.

3 Likes