Potential Transfer Targets (Summer 2016)

Agreed. But as MPbear mentioned, many posters on here would be outraged.

Well, Iā€™m with Bear that they should get somebodyā€“at least a one-year transfer. Iā€™m just going to save my outrage for oil spills and nuclear reactor leaks, crap like that.

2 Likes

Espn ranks their top transfers which is fine, but under there is a comprehensive list of grad transfers and also other transfers. Helpful resource to see what is out there

Bill Self met with Thornton today

Yea wouldnā€™t make sense I agree. I really would like kostas now that it says he got our attention. Otherwise a grad transfer and leave it for 17 unless thereā€™s a impact undergrad transfer. Kostas fits the bill for a 16 for me though. I get he just blew up but he looks like an elite recruit to me just off potential. Handles are solid. Great shot blocker. Imagine him at the four or three? With him x and Maar we could have dare I say elite defense in 17 even without any practice.

Is no one posting again or is it not updating again for me? If someone sees this post to let me know

Kostas is a project, and we damn sure donā€™t need any more of those at the 5. How many raw big guys are we going to waste scholies on? Go for a SG/W first and foremostā€¦thatā€™s where our need is.

Mullins visit set for Wednesday.

3 Likes

Isnā€™t Kostas more of a 4?

Yea heā€™s a pf. I could see him being a sf really. In a few videos he looks like a wing.

Spike updateā€¦if he ends up with Crean ill throw up

I see your post. All is well.

Hate to say it but the B1G schools, in Indiana no less, seem like the best fits. But given his known desire for blondes with gifted chests (Kate Upton), I think Spike should head to USC :slight_smile:

2 Likes

At first I didnā€™t get the interest considering there are better options out there, but Mullins would definitely have a (healthy) Spike Albrecht-esque roll on next years team. There are some guys Iā€™d prefer over Mullins because they could have a bigger impact, but Mullins being able to provide depth at the 1 and 2 would be a decent enough consolation prize.

1 Like

Well, in Beileinā€™s offense it doesnā€™t really matter, since he pretty much only plays one big at a time. Whether they look more like a center or a power forward at that point doesnā€™t make any real difference. Even our supposed ā€œcentersā€ rarely if ever play with their back to the basket.

If Kostas were even close to a sure thing to step in and play at a starting level, they maybe heā€™d be worth it, but he isnā€™t. Heā€™ll need 2 or 3 years of bulking up and development to even be a decent backup, and as noted, we donā€™t need any more guys like that running through the program.

1 Like

Seems like a 6-foot-3, experienced, knock down shooter who is comfortable in the pick-and-roll game would be a good fit to add depth to the two-guard spot. Heā€™s basically a stop-gap to get to Jordan Poole in the next class and doesnā€™t really affect anything long term.

6 Likes

Is Mullins comparable to anyone we played against in the past year or so? I havenā€™t watched any film. Can he be a solid contributor at the big ten level?

Spike to Milwaukee shoutout Lavall Jordan there he would be a tremendous friend to help get his program started stronger but that will not happen.

Mullins would be a great addition. Not only as SG depth, he would provide something we donā€™t really have, a knock down shooter at the 2 (unless you slide Zak down there), and heā€™s good at PnR to boot. (And heā€™s probably serious about getting in some grad school work.) Unless thereā€™s a great '16 prospect available, Iā€™d be quite happy to see Mullins in, and I could see him playing a pretty significant role on the team next year.

1 Like

By ā€œ4ā€, I meant a Belein 4. I havenā€™t seen anything suggesting this kid would be a traditional big man in any offense. In fact many places list him as a small forward so I donā€™t see why he couldnā€™t play a wing position for us. I frankly havenā€™t seen the kid play, but I donā€™t know why you wouldnt want a 4 star kid who is 6ā€™9," skilled and has some nice upside.

1 Like