Podcast: Recapping Michigan’s win vs. Florida State and previewing UCLA

5 Likes

oh yeah it’s pod time!!!

5 Likes

Congrats on the vaccine!!!

I had my 2nd Moderna shot Saturday and yesterday wasn’t the best day. Hope you can stay up late Tuesday. I was dead tired.

2 Likes

Ha! Luckily just the first Pfizer shot today so hopefully no major side effects.

I feel the only safe thing to say is for my first pfizer, I just experienced muscle soreness at the injection site. Everyone’s experience is a bit different though. Wishing you the best!

1 Like

Side effects are not certain. I had none from either Moderna dose.

2 Likes

After where we were last March, I’m just thankful to be vaccinated and able to cover an Elite Eight game. :beers:

16 Likes

I’m having massive issues getting a vaccine in Michigan. A family friend went to Toledo to get theirs because they were in a similar spot. Apparently you don’t have to be a local resident in Ohio to get it. I’m considering doing the same. My extended family lives in Indiana and is mostly vaccinated, but I don’t feel comfortable going to Easter there without it. I interact with too many people for work related stuff. I would’ve loved to make it to that, but I suppose it’s too late at this point.

I had Johnson & Johnson vaccine. No effect and it’s a one dose for me. I have one more week until I can hangout with vaccinated peeps!

1 Like

Yup…same here - just got the first pfizer shot, and nothing more than a sore arm for about a day.

It’s possible Jacob Young sent BJJ a dose of self confidence via room service on his way out of town

5 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t have any on the 1st, but yesterday body aches and was super tired. Feel good today tho.

the J&J messed me up for about 36 hours

Same here, I live in GR and I’ve been signed up with five or six different organizations for weeks now. Meanwhile, I know people who were able to get their first (or only) shot within a week of contacting adjacent county health departments. But none of them can tell me exactly how that process worked for them, just that it did. It’s frustrating because my wife is five months pregnant and while I thankfully can work from home and generally see few people, I really want to get vaccinated before our baby arrives.

3 Likes

My only side effect was sore arm but otherwise, I was fine. It’s so interesting to see how side effects varies for different people. I was lucky that it didn’t knock me out at all

I got mine as a walk-in at the Ford Field FEMA center on Thursday. So I’d say keep an eye on Twitter to see if they announce more walk-ins.

3 Likes

I’m headed to Toledo on Thursday to get mine. Figure it’s better then waiting for the inevitable mess next week.

Also big fan of the new avi. I’ve been contemplating setting one for a while. I’m not sure if I should go the iconic play/player route or the @BigBoutros route but I’ve got to make my mind up soon. I know there was a big discussion yesterday about how iconic the green S is for @silverblue and I must say I totally agree. In fact I was a bit confused when you were posting from something other than the light green C

4 Likes

I tend to have extreme immune reactions. Instead of getting mildly ill 3-4x per year I get sick once a year and I basically die. Go big or go home

2 Likes

It’s crazy. I had COVID from my roommate last November and my symptom was mild aka stuffy nose while my roommate had stuffy nose, fatigue, loss of taste and smell and sore muscle. It was crazy but we have recovered from it.