Podcast: Practice is underway at Michigan and Michigan State

Again, this isn’t a Tim McCormick thing. More just trying to make a bigger point about how information that comes out in the preseason should be interpreted. Everything falls on a scale whether it is a coach comment at media day, an unsourced “I heard from so and so” or a report from an opposing staff in a secret scrimmage. All have to be consumed differently.

1 Like

Analyzing the analysts…I think I figured out where I draw the line on emotional investment with this team.

4 Likes

LOL. That is one way to put it. More so just a broader philosophy about how to interpret information based on the source.

2 Likes

I think I told him that on the podcast. Regardless, zone (and really all defense) is very different at the pro and college levels because the rules and spacing are so different.

McCormick on podcast.

2 Likes

I wish he’d been asked about Nunez and Bajema. Says it’s too early to think about a rotation, yet pretty much all I’m seeing is talk about 8 scholarship players. Very little about those two and Davis.

Bajema seems to be a very good outside shot. Apparently he was a guard in high school and had a six inch growth spurt. How is he in practice?

That is the likely lineup at some point in the season, but I would not be surprised if Eli began the season as the starting 2 guard with Wagner taking over by conference season.

1 Like

That’s all I needed to hear. I’m booking tickets to Atlanta!

Huge if true

2 Likes