Podcast: Michigan & Michigan State 2022-23 season previews (And some news!)

BQ talked me into Tschetter

Rotation

1: Llewellyn Dug
2s: Bufkin Howard Llewellyn
3s: Howard Williams Baker
4s Williams Baker Tschetter
5s Hunter Reed Tschetter

I could see Barnes getting some of the tick of someone here too

I don’t know what to think about BQs comment that MSU avoided the portal because Izzo is thumbing his nose at the state of the sport. Two of his starters came as transfers!!!

5 Likes

But that was before NIL so it’s different see

2 Likes

I propose some new positional designations 

Rotation

Guard: Llewellyn Dug

Shooter who can:
dribble a bit: Bufkin Llewellyn Howard (?)
rebound a bit: Tschetter (?) Williams (?)
shooter only: Howard Williams Baker Barnes
Can’t shoot: Ja Howard 
 Bufkin (?) Barnes (?)

Big: Hunter Reed Tschetter

I don’t think Iowa is a distant comparison.

1 Like
  • talks about changing up the structure and content of the podcast

• proceeds to totally ignore what they just said and talk Michigan and Michigan state the entire time

• takes 2 hours to get through everything

• signs off by saying “I love you” without saying when they’ll be back next after taking a 6 month break

Totally on brand. Great episode.

17 Likes

I would lobby that Bufkin is both “Shooter(?)” and “Can’t shoot (?)”

It’s like Schröediger’s Cat

5 Likes

I don’t get all the Indiana hype. Both the team and TJD had one good week in an average season and they are preseason favorites all of a sudden. Also, Dickinson is a better player than TJD every day of the week and TJD is preseason conference POY.

1 Like

Perhaps Schröediger’s Shot? Shootdiger’s Shot?

3 Likes

Dennis Schroder’s Cat.

5 Likes

I was expecting to hear a lot of talk about MSU’s big men
or lack thereof. I hadn’t realized that MSU seems to have chosen their game schedule by trying to identify every top center in the country to face off against their combination of a junior who averages 10 fouls per 40 minutes, a true freshman who’s probably 6-8 and unathletic, and a true freshman who’s athletic but was a preferred walkon a couple months ago.

With that being said, MSU having the oldest and most experienced team while forcing Izzo to actually give those guys the minutes they should deserve still scares me. You can see a rotation where Hoggard, Walker, Akins, Hall, and Hauser are all getting around 30 minutes and their offense clicks. The challenge is that when Hoggard throws his first pass into the stands or Walker takes a contested long two he’s going to want to bench.

5 Likes

I think we talked about their bigs for like 10 minutes straight. Went through each one one by one.

1 Like

That was my point Dylan - I was expecting it
I wasn’t expecting to hear how they set themselves on fire facing the best bigs in the country.

1 Like

I fully forgot Marble transferred until listening to this pod. MSU’s 5 spot is going to be an next disaster, when that’s the only position that doesn’t look significantly down league wide this season.

Between MSU only having 9 scholarship guys, big questions amongst those guys, and that schedule, if this isn’t the year their tourney streak ends then they honestly have the blackest of magic on their side.

2 Likes