Podcast: Breaking down the coaching hires in the Big Ten

4 Likes

1hr 30min long pod? We haven’t had one like this since January.

Really hope you guys do a league- wide transfer portal/roster reset one soon, can’t wait for the first 4 hour Moving Screen pod

6 Likes

that Minnesota hire was terrible, thats such a sleepy good job too

3 Likes

On the pod, Brendan mentioned that one Big Ten coach reached out to IU for the opening, only to be rebuffed. Any guesses on who this was? Turgeon is the only one that rings as a possibility in my head…

4 Likes

that sounds right to me as well.

1 Like

Head coach? Maybe Holtmann?

1 Like

would they rebuff Holtmann?

Chris Collins. :grinning:

2 Likes

Did he say head coach? If not, that was nice of Dane Fife to reach out and offer to take over the head coaching role. IU countered with an assistant coaching job and the rest was history

3 Likes

Hoiberg would be my guess.

I like Brendan’s analysis of the snowballing effect of fan and media derision of IU in that coaching search. Happens too often, is irresponsible, and we all grow far too accepting, cynical, about such flimsy narratives, including me.

And–analysis on this board notwithstanding–I think you have it right on Woodson. Question, of course, is: Will there be patience if he doesn’t succeed immediately? Because he doesn’t have the players to thrive right away.

Fascinating takes on Shrewsbury.

2 Likes

@umhoops want to shed some more light and Shaka’s future assistant with Michigan ties? Or maybe another poster knows?

DeAndre Haynes is rumored to be taking a job on his staff.

3 Likes

Always love the moving screen and this one did not disappoint.

Suggestion to keep things updated…given the tendency of Dickinson to get called for moving screens, there has to be a clip you can splice into the intro I would have to imagine.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1383072979521785857

2 Likes

Based on the current trend Saddi is gonna end up on Shaka’s staff eventually.

Or Saddi will have Shaka on his staff one day!

6 Likes

Hey if it means Haynes gets a head coaching gig sometime soon I could be okay with it. He seems due at this point.

Interesting little nugget here

EMU had quite the list. Stephens has been at MSU forever

1 Like

That is a really good list for EMU.

Think its interesting in the MSU has been the picture of stability/“family” for years. Now a down season and in the off season you have Fife moving to a coach he has no real relationship with and Stephens throwing his hat in the ring here. Maybe another small chink in the armor that all is not well in Sparty-ville.