Podcast: Big happenings at Michigan

Not to be a downer but Juwan kept finding ways to play Davis last year. Pretty good chance he doesn’t think Davis is a negative in B1G play. Which is bad bc he is, especially without Zavier who unlocks his one plus skill (finishing).

Also I get if you’re Johns and you don’t see yourself as a 5, but you get the opportunity to switch onto playmakers on D and shoot open 3’s on O. That’s an easy way for an off the radar athlete to make the league. Really hope Juwan has at least made that pitch.

1 Like

I think DJ Wilson helped his stock his last year by playing some small ball five.

Picture us against Indiana and TJD…who among our bigs do you want guarding him?

3 Likes

Juwan Morgan parlayed it into NBA playoff minutes.

Aaaand, yeah, not looking forward to that. Rewatching Dylan’s videos of Hunter on defense are definitely scary. We already know Davis is a sieve.

Gonna be a real interesting year. Strange team, will definitely put Juwan to the test.

I was very confused for a minute because my brain read “Jordan Morgan” and not “Juwan Morgan”. :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m also worried because Howard kind of left Teske alone on an island last year without any help in the post. I don’t think there’s any way he can do that with this year’s roster.

The one thing I really want to see on defense this year is to get guards out of those gd gaps one pass away. Sag and then sprint to contest shooters, plz.

Would also guess we’ll see a lot more zone.

1 Like

What is the saying? 90% of the game is mental, the other half is physical.

Half pitching, half hitting…

1 Like

I agree … some zone makes a lot of sense this year w lack of mobility at 5 and length on wings, especially when Brown, Johns and a 5 are on the court.

Shoutout to BQ

Right!? Not sure he even knew how much of the scoop he had

We have gotten two five stars since my house flooded. Might have to make this an annual event.

13 Likes