Papa Kante requests release from NLI, will reopen recruitment

4 Likes

it was only a matter of time. This is a good thing in my opinion. Wish him the best of luck where ever he ends up. Tremendous upside.

2 Likes

Well that stinks. Wish him well wherever he ends up

2 Likes

Wording is interesting. No mention of potential academic conflict. Curious what the real story is.

1 Like

I liked Papa. Really impressive defensive player. But was unlikely two of Tarris or Papa was long for the program

3 Likes

3 Likes

I mean, I find it highly unlikely that it would mention that directly.**

4 Likes

Real story is Michigan is going after Nkamhoua and Dickinson and Cleveland and currently have no scholarships open.

3 Likes

Knew this was very possible for weeks but my heart still skipped when I read it. Best of luck to Papa Kante moving forward!

9 Likes

Yeah the initial announcement for sure. But some actual reporter would scoop that quickly, I’d think. Whether on the Michigan side to make it seem like the kid’s not just choosing to leave willingly or at the national level.

3 Likes

Yohan become more of a look now?

5 Likes

Is there any word of him reclassifying?

1 Like

I would assume this means the Nkamhoua commitment is imminent. Then after that, I’d guess they target Hunter or Traore.

7 Likes

Davis just said it

4 Likes

No, I just think we have a good shot to land him in 2024. He’d be a really nice pickup. Pair him with junior Tarris and that’s a great duo.

1 Like

Really really rough 23 cycle for the staff. Just completely missed the mark on prioritizing the right recruitments. Hopefully they learn from it, but overall wasn’t a huge deal because portal

16 Likes

could you imagine…

Collier
Bufkin
Jett
Nkamhoua
Hunter

Why would he publicize that he had qualification issues in a tweet, if that was even the case?

10 Likes

No I cant because that was never in a million years going to happen

2 Likes

Was talking about others reporting it, not Kante himself. “Reopening his recruitment” is just not what was the rumor the last month. Would assume someone gets out in front of that from the Michigan side. Sounds like Davis may have, but I don’t subscribe over there so idk for sure.

1 Like