DeVante Jones withdraws from NBA Draft

2 Likes
4 Likes

Of note in the article, it says recently that UM told them that he was still not accepted yet (but now has been). What is the hold up there and can the transfer admissions people please speed up their process?

6 Likes

They have to take a while to pretend as if it’s a real academic process where he’s being evaluated like a student so we can continue the warrior poet myth

7 Likes
5 Likes

Quotes from DeVante inside

3 Likes

I had no idea that he has a 6’6" wingspan.

4 Likes

Yep it came out from the combine. He’s gonna be tough defensively. I don’t even really project a drop from us defensively.

11 Likes

Just imagine Moussa playing all of Austin Davis’ minutes and what that will do for our defense.

16 Likes

I doubt that admissions office cares about the fact that Jones will be playing for the basketball team very much.

5 Likes

Literally why I insta deleted it. Diabate should be a beast

5 Likes

As much as we’d like to ignore it, the notion that all revenue sport athletes would be admitted to Michigan under non athlete circumstances is very wrong. Even non-revenue. I worked with some wrestlers at a job when I was there and you would be shocked at how mentally inept some of them were.

5 Likes

Uhhh yes they do. I promise you that 99% of Michigan athletes would not be getting into Michigan if they did not play sports. This is the case at all high-level colleges. The median football player at Stanford got a 26 on the ACT (a school notorious for not admitting athletes for academic reasons), which is REALLY good (83rd percentile). For a normal student, they won’t even sniff your application unless you’re in the 31/32 range with the average student being around 34.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Wow, 99%, huh? It’s amazing that you took the time to go through all the data and make that bold promise.

5 Likes
12 Likes

How many Michigan athletes do you think are also in the top 90-95% of high school students??? Because that’s what it takes to get into Michigan nowadays if you’re in the bottom 25% of students there.

3 Likes

Givony is very high on DeVante’… has been for a while.

11 Likes

I’m interested in “terrific pace out of the pick and roll”. Did he see something we didn’t see or is he giving a glowing evaluation of a player who gave him quotes?

4 Likes

Your not alone. Was gonna post your same thoughts but Diabate>>>>>Davis probably makes up for a lot of the other losses.

3 Likes