Open Gym/In-Home Visit Tracker

1 Like
1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2017 - G/F - Anthony Gaines (Target)

Why would we be doing this? I donā€™t get it.

Exactly. Waste of time unless Evans is wrong about the prospect but I doubt it since Monteverde retweeted

Andrew Nembhard is also at Monteverde now as well, correct?

1 Like

Very good point. Evans just has the wrong prospect, at least I hope.

Mr. Quinn thinks itā€™s for Carr.

That would be insane

Why, donā€™t we need a 6ā€™2 170lb pg? Lol

There has to be a mistake somewhere

Beilein also has a policy of not officially recruiting players before summer of his Junior season, correct? This could be a ā€œwork-aroundā€ with that policy. Pop in on the prospect who may be an ā€œemergency takeā€ in order to stay visible for the younger prospect you really want 2-3 years from now?

I am hoping thatā€™s exactly it. Who knows these days.

No, he recruits, just doesnā€™t offer. I mean youā€™re really stretching the JB love fest here lol

He should take a look at RJ Barrett while heā€™s at it.

Itā€™s not a ā€œlove festā€ itā€™s just being reasonable with program expectations and recogniIng that, by-and-large, the current coach is meeting-to-exceeding reasonable expectations.

I donā€™t think Beilein is perfect; plenty of times in-game Iā€™m screaming at the TV set wishing heā€™d use a different strategy or sub-rotation, plenty of times I wondered why he has or hasnā€™t recruited a certain prospect. But I do think he deserves a LOT of latitude in player-personnel/recruiting decisions.

Overall 2 B1G banners, a Final4 and another Elite8 ā€” you have to go back to Johnny Orr in the '70s to find the last Michigan coach with those credentials. And letā€™s be honest about the state of the program from '98-07; heā€™s taken a program that was in the conference basement for a decade and turned it in to a perennial NCAA Tournament team.

2 Likes