One name to remember: Seth Dugan

Can’t find any film on Dugan, can anyone provide some clips? I know he has an offer from Xavier and added one from Rhode Island yesterday.

Would potentially adding Dugan affect whether or not we take Teske in 2016?

It could… Tough to say right now I think it depends how Michigan’s frontcourt plays out this year. There’s a decent chance Dugan would RS as a freshman, which would put him in the same class as Teske. Just tough to say before we’ve seen more of Donnal, Doyle, Wilson, etc.

So many questions about Donnal/Doyle…should help space the floor better for the guards. Question is can they generate enough offense to compensate for the defense? Nobody knows for sure, but if the HS film was any inidcation, I think we’re in for a decline from JMo in terms of interior D.

I think Donnal has more potential as an outside shooter in relation to Doyle, but I like Doyle more as a true post threat. Really hard to decipher in terms of shot blocking, as Doyle is the bigger/longer player, but Donnal is more athletic in terms of verticality. Hopefully we’re in for some pleasant surprises, as these 2 will be fighting for minutes.

IMO 1 of Doyle and Wilson should redshirt after Italy and first couple of games and 1 of Teske/Dugan/Davis should be taken and redshirted.

Again, I think Wilson will battle Dawkins for minutes at the backup 4 in the arly going. At this point I think Dawkins is ahead of Wilson in terms of lateral movement, outside shooting, strength and overall athleticism, but DJ has superior length and ballhandling (though his handle isn’t necessarily good either). Lot will depend on if DJ can rebound the ball.

I’m starting to warm up to your idea of DJ at the 5, but not this year. Problem becomes the logjam we have with Donnal, Doyle, and then Wilson. If DJ would be more agressive (most important to me), add 30 lbs of muscle, he would be the perfect 5. But then again I highly doubt we’ll have 3 centers within 1 year of each other (assuming 1 of Doyle/Wilson redshirt).

If you don’t think you need Wilson this year, then you can redshirt him, then take Dugan in 2015 and redshirt him. You think have 2(Donnal/Doyle)/1(Wilson)/1(Dugan) in terms of guys that could play the five. It just depends on what they think they have this year.

A lot for the coaches to think about down the line without seeing guys play against live competition. During the July before Caris’s freshman year I’m sure they planned on redshirting him. Now he’ll probably be gone after this year.

IMO 1 of Doyle and Wilson should redshirt after Italy and first couple of games and 1 of Teske/Dugan/Davis should be taken and redshirted.

I am sure that was the plan had Horford or McGary stayed.

But given the situation now, unless Max Beilfeldt gives us a pleasant surprise, we almost certainly need both Ricky and DJ to contribute on the floor.

Dugan update on the front page.

If Duncan Robinson commits, 2014 will be a 7 man class. 1 of Wilson/Doyle needs a RS, 1 of MAAR/Dawkins needs a RS, and Hatch will most likely be given medical. I think the rotation should be clear enough after the first few non-conference games to do this.

I really like the idea of adding Seth Dugan… 7 ft, can Pnpop and gaining more and more mobility. Could be another Kaminsky and if not, UM still has a 7 ft that can Pnpop. If that Jalen Coleman rumor is true, a 2 man class of Coleman and Dugan is perfect and would allow JB to press a smaller pool for those 2 spots in 2016, though it may ballon back to 4 if Irvin and Walton leave after 3.

The need for a PG (highest) and a wing is much more pressing than bigs at this point. As you say, you can stretch the bigs out via redshirt.

So many questions about Donnal/Doyle..............should help space the floor better for the guards. Question is can they generate enough offense to compensate for the defense? Nobody knows for sure, but if the HS film was any inidcation, I think we're in for a decline from JMo in terms of interior D.

I think Donnal has more potential as an outside shooter in relation to Doyle, but I like Doyle more as a true post threat. Really hard to decipher in terms of shot blocking, as Doyle is the bigger/longer player, but Donnal is more athletic in terms of verticality. Hopefully we’re in for some pleasant surprises, as these 2 will be fighting for minutes.

JMo is a stud not only because he plays tough, he plays very smart.
We only know very little about Donnal and Doyle for now, hope that they will play as smart as JMo.

So many questions about Donnal/Doyle..............should help space the floor better for the guards. Question is can they generate enough offense to compensate for the defense? Nobody knows for sure, but if the HS film was any inidcation, I think we're in for a decline from JMo in terms of interior D.

I would be very impressed if you could find HS tape of JMo that shows, when compared to HS tape of Donnal and Doyle, that JMo would be a much better defender. People have this misconception that they know exactly what a player is going to be comparing college players to a couple minutes of tape from HS junior year, or, even worse, reading a write-up on some random site.

My mistake for lack of clarity, I was referring to the decline in interior D in relation to JMo’s defense from last year.

I’m not exactly clear on the “wait-and-see” approach pending our Italy trip.

If our bigs theoretically struggle (or, for example, Donnal looks to be more of a 4 than a 5), and we offer Dugan and he commits, he will take a redshirt, and it will be two years before he sees the court. It just seems so far in the future, y’know?

I think the wait and see is also a lot to do with how Dugan develops. Right now they want to start to build the relationship, but it would be dependent on really impressing this fall.

I would not read too much into this visit. Dugan is a kid who could blow up, in state. 7 footers don’t grow on trees. Nothing lost by developing a relationship with him.

I would not read too much into this visit. Dugan is a kid who could blow up, in state. 7 footers don't grow on trees. Nothing lost by developing a relationship with him.

Yep. Pretty simple matter of starting the process with a 7-footer who played really well. Standard evaluation process going here.

In my view Wilson doesn’t present size/length advantages because he doesn’t utilize his size. He tries to avoid contact rather than going through it or above it. Weak side D is the only area I see him consistently using the size/length. He’s basically an oversized perimeter player at this point, much more than Chatman in my opinion, but his skill level isn’t as high.

For those thinking Dawkins will redshirt: reports are that he has been VERY impressive in practice thus far. DJ actually is the one who needs to step it up.

Not a surprise at all but good to know. If Dawkins firmly inserts himself into the rotation in November, I can see DJ get redshirt.