Odds to win it all

With Jaylen Brown possibly coming to Michigan, I couldn’t help myself but check Michigan’s odds to win it all next year. It’s currently at 40/1 at most places I checked - the same as Wisconsin. If healthy, Walton, Levert, Irvin, Brown, Doyle (?)… with Spike, Dawkins, MAAR coming off the bench… We’d have the athleticism and shooting to hang with anyone… pair that with some experience and who knows. Thoughts?

My thought is I’d like to short Wisconsin.

My concern is the 5 slot. The year we were a legit Title contender, we had Mitch at the 5. I don’t know if we can do it without having a skilled big man who can dominate on the level that he could at times. (Also, let’s not get ahead of ourselves here)

We’d have the perimeter talent to hang with anyone and the most depth in the country. I think with that roster we might be a better team regular season-wise, meaning we’d easily be top 10 all year with a whole lot of wins and a great shot at B1G title. Tourney time would scare me if we came across a team with a strong front court. Our 2013 team comes to mind in the tourney when JMo got in foul trouble and Horford/Max got eaten alive by Julius Randle and Kentucky’s bigs. Our talent at the 1-4 couldn’t overcome the huge hole at the 5

With Brown I think we have as good of a shot as anybody. Certainly we would be Big Ten favorites or co-favorites. Even if the five is a question mark.

Without Brown… no comment.

Spike maar Dawkins Wilson and chatman off the bench

Wtf?

We'd have the perimeter talent to hang with anyone and the most depth in the country. I think with that roster we might be a better team regular season-wise, meaning we'd easily be top 10 all year with a whole lot of wins and a great shot at B1G title. Tourney time would scare me if we came across a team with a strong front court. Our 2013 team comes to mind in the tourney when JMo got in foul trouble and Horford/Max got eaten alive by Julius Randle and Kentucky's bigs. Our talent at the 1-4 couldn't overcome the huge hole at the 5

Yeah but it took an Aaron Harrison buzzer beater over Caris’ outstretched fingertips to win – it’s not like Michigan couldn’t hang. With a healthy McGary they return to the final (and probably beat UConn… I mean, UConn???).

I really hope Brown commits. I just laid 500 to win 16k at +3200.

Doyle just needs to rebound, set good screens, solid post defense (alter shots), and finish easy dunks. He doesn’t have to be stellar. He doesn’t have to be an offensive threat outside of 5 ft.

We'd have the perimeter talent to hang with anyone and the most depth in the country. I think with that roster we might be a better team regular season-wise, meaning we'd easily be top 10 all year with a whole lot of wins and a great shot at B1G title. Tourney time would scare me if we came across a team with a strong front court. Our 2013 team comes to mind in the tourney when JMo got in foul trouble and Horford/Max got eaten alive by Julius Randle and Kentucky's bigs. Our talent at the 1-4 couldn't overcome the huge hole at the 5

Yeah but it took an Aaron Harrison buzzer beater over Caris’ outstretched fingertips to win – it’s not like Michigan couldn’t hang. With a healthy McGary they return to the final (and probably beat UConn… I mean, UConn???).

Kentucky was playing without Cauley Stein in that game which probably helped Michigan a fair bit in that game.

Kentucky was playing without Cauley Stein in that game which probably helped Michigan a fair bit in that game.

That’s debatble. At least we would’ve had a scouting report on WCS and known his play style. Instead, we could hit by the outlier that was Marcus Lee, who scored something like 10 pts just off putbacks. Marcus Lee was a game-changer for UK during that game. With WCS, he doesn’t come off the bench.