Nojel Eastern no longer heading to Michigan

Omg , forgot about him. Please god Juwan get on that phone!

Ah, not sure what you mean by radio silence but it was widely reported when Howard spoke about both Brown and Eastern when interviewed a few weeks back.

After that until clearing admissions, there was nothing else to say.

If Eastern had cleared admissions, either because UM accepted more credits or because there was a viable path toward obtaining enough credits (24) in a little over 2 months, (every possible path was considered) he’d be at UM. Any suggestion to the contrary is false.

4 Likes

Meatchicken plays by the same admissions rules as every other team in the country.

(Some mouthbreather, cheetoh dust covered message board guy).

1 Like

Juwan being late is the new Beilein won’t offer until visit.

1 Like

This situation is a good example of why Beilein always wanted to see transcripts before offering.

15 Likes

Beilein also wanted to see the ability to make a free throw before offering, but to each their own :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I neither stated nor insinuated Coach Howard and staff didn’t want him. While both are disappointed in the outcome, I don’t sense either Eastern’s camp or the coaching staff were caught off guard by the admissions decision. And reading tea leaves, I think both Eastern’s camp and Coach Howard’s staff had an inkling of this potential outcome several weeks ago.

Not sure what you are basing this on but that would be a complete misunderstanding.

Howard doesn’t talk about Eastern transferring if he had serious doubts about him coming.

1 Like

So how many days until Eastern is heading to Minnesota?

4 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 8.14.16 PM

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

11 Likes

Well there’s one or two points a game that have to come from somewhere else. Most likely two. Definitely not three

3 Likes

It’s sorta like voting, though. Any points the other team does NOT get also redound to your benefit.

Bell is an amazing troller of Sparty. Well done

5 Likes

Damn a lot of you guys were pretty down on eastern it seems like. I think a lot of you would have been surprised at his impact. I think he would have been a nice addition in a different offense combined with his d

11 Likes

Such a shame that is. He could hardly be a better fit here.

2 Likes

More narrative on the credit situation and how that impacted his enrollment. Also…

“Eastern indicated to Zagsblog.com that Alabama and Oregon State are possible schools of interest moving forward.”

5 Likes

Good for him.

Just to confirm, the academic admission issues that Eastern had with Michigan is fitting his credits into a program, not that he didnt have adequate grades. The reason to confirm that is that my understanding is that Howard has pretty high academic standards as well

1 Like

From what I understand, many of Eastern’s credits wouldn’t transfer to Michigan which means he would have basically been too many credits short of a degree.

1 Like

That’s cool. I hope he gets eligibility. Would be cool to see him play with Maker. Although I have no idea what chance there is for low majors to get a season in.

1 Like