NCAA 2021: Michigan vs. Texas Southern Open Thread

Michigan went through a bit of a scoring drought there. Would have been a good time for Franz to create a shot. Maybe I’m being too greedy. He’s playing a great all around game. I just worry that we don’t have a go to guy when we need points and Dickinson is having a struggle scoring. Didn’t JH challenge him to shoot more the last time he put up 3 FGA in a game?

Hopefully Chaundee isn’t overamped and can just play his normal slightly-hyperactive Chaundee game.

3 Likes

Yes seems like we’re getting called for just being bigger and stronger

1 Like

oh no the backscratcher block

4 Likes

You mean “block.”

1 Like

Regardless of the current point spread, I can see Coach Howard showing the team lots of film on poor boxouts that lead to multiple ORebs. Guys standing around and watching the ball in the air, while Tx Southern crashes the glass. When the shot goes up, you gotta look for a body, box out, then find the ball.

2 Likes

Would like to see them bleed some clock more on possesions at this point.

The reach-in foul is just not going to be called today.

3 Likes

Biggest concerns other than a tight whistle are the poor rebounding and the backcourt being very susceptible to slashing

3 Likes

…so can I get some more of those zeb minutes?

1 Like

Franz hesitates before the majority of his three point attempts. It’s odd.

12 Likes

Chaundee is really leaving help defenders out to dry

3 Likes

Damn, they hit one

1 Like

OK, so that’s the shot they can hit from outside?

2 Likes

Weathers is roasting Chaundee.

and it was from NBA range oddly. Pretty looking shot.

1 Like

Look long, look wrong.

2 Likes

These air ball 3’s…bruh

Whoever the announcer is (Grant Hill?) said Franz is great at attacking closeouts because he makes quick decisions, but I actually think that’s super wrong. He’d be UNSTOPPABLE if he made quicker decisions

3 Likes

Williams and Brooks with two of the ugliest misses I’ve seen since we played Minnesota

3 Likes