NCAA 2021: Michigan vs. LSU Open Thread

No Final Fours in the KenPom Ref era (2016-present), but an NIT semifinal and then three straight NIT finals.

I donā€™t think they were released. I wouldnā€™t think so though, Dirscoll is a top-20 ref on KenPom who has worked the NCAAT every year.

1 Like

OK, boys, Iā€™ll see ya on the other side. Even if I wanted to post on the game thread Iā€™m just WAY too intense to do that. No one can even talk to me during a game, soā€¦See ya on the other side. GOSH, I hope itā€™s for a MICHIGAN VICTORY PARTY!!! Go BLUE!!!

15 Likes

Same starters for Michigan and LSU:

Smith-Brooks-Wagner-Johns-Dickinson

Smart-Thomas-Hyatt-Watford-Days

I was going through LSUs schedule to see if I could find some bad losses to make me feel better. Their losses:

@ St. Louis (bubble team)
@ Florida (7 seed)
vs. Alabama (2 seed)
@ Kentucky (ok thats bad but on the road)
vs. Texas Tech (6 seed)
@ Alabama (2 seed)
@ Georgia (Not a great loss but on the road)
@ Arkansas (3 seed)
N vs. Alabama (2 seed)

Thatā€™s not half bad.

Yeah Iā€™m not seeing who the replacement refs are. Interestingly only 4 refs were called up to replace the 6 that had to sit out.
Que Sera, refs are what they are and teams need to adjust to their whistle

Who else is absolutely terrified? Havenā€™t felt this nervous for a tourney game in years. I think itā€™s because Iā€™ll feel an impending sense of disappointment if we lose this earlyā€¦

5 Likes

This is the first tournament day that Iā€™m not drinking. That was a bad decision.

I havenā€™t felt like this sinceā€¦ our last tournament game that wasnā€™t against a 16 seed

2 Likes

Definitely terrified. Not sure why, I guess tournament games are usually nerve wracking

Hotdog! ā€¦

5 Likes

Really? I had absolutely no doubt that Michigan was going to steamroll Texas Tech. I never doubted it for a moment. I was absolutely flummoxed by the actual result.

Just cracked open my first brewski. Let the positivity flow.

5 Likes

Announcing replacement refs seems like a way to piss off whoeverā€™s game they officiate.

1 Like

Me too. Tourney games are so heavily weighted on matchups v seeds and Iā€™m concerned this is a bad matchup

I canā€™t remember the last tournament game I was comfortable going into.

Saturdayā€¦

5 Likes

I was surprised we got killed but I pretty much always have a healthy respect of any 3 team we play in the tournament. And that TTU team turned out to be tough to beat in the tournament

I was ā€œcomfortableā€ but not 1 vs 16 comfortable. Iā€™m always anxious.