NBA Draft Projections & Mock Drafts 2020

Correct. The withdrawal deadline is still the 3rd.

The new early entry deadline means someone who hadn’t previously declared for the draft could still declare.

Gotcha thanks!

Cosmis is a great NBA draft follow and notoriously ahead of the curve with analytics stuff like that. Has Livers going #51 to the Thunder in this Mock. Highest I’ve seen out there thus far and from someone I respect

Well he should STFU

16 Likes

Before a draft full of big men aspiring to play in a league that decreasingly values traditional bigs, Tillman is still testing the waters. According to sources, Tillman might return to Michigan State if he isn’t assured at least a two-year guaranteed contract, something that might be difficult for teams to promise by the Aug. 3 NCAA withdrawal deadline, given the uncertainty surrounding the upcoming offseason. – Givony

1 Like

Is a minimum 2 year deal a crazy ask? Not sure what the usual is for someone in his position

2 Likes

Unbelievable. Tillman has graduated and has 2 kids. Only in a bizarro Izzy-lead reality would that guy go back to school. And of course, Livers should overwhelmingly come back which means he will go. 2020 is the worst.

15 Likes

What I can’t figure out is how teams would be in a position to tell someone like Tillman or Livers their plan before the draft, let alone before the Aug 3 deadline. What team would tell him “we’ll give you a two year deal”? Makes no sense.

I guess maybe his agent just calls all the teams and says “do you think you’d consider it if he were available with your late-first or early-second pick?” and if enough say yes that’s how it works?

1 Like

Promises like this are made fairly routinely in the NBA draft. It’s up to the player to believe it, but it’s basically “if you’re there we’re going to take you”. Requires the team trusting the agent/player that the information doesn’t get to a team picking ahead of them. It’s more common in the late first and second round than with higher picks.

1 Like

There is just no chance that Tillman isn’t a top 45 pick, he’s going to get a guaranteed contract.

Could this be seen as fishing for a guarantee? Seems he’s pretty universally considered a first-round pick and that obviously meets his threshold.

I think everyone “testing the waters” at this point is basically fishing for a guarantee. Not sure what else is really happening. No workouts, scouts have watched all the film, Zoom interviewed everyone, nothing is really changing.

A lot of draft people have him 1st round, but it doesn’t seem like NBA teams necessarily feel that way

4 Likes

Yeah, seems like Tillman is pretty consistently in that 20-40 range. Right on the fringe but I also think more than 20 people get tagged as being in the 20-40 range which… :wink:

3 Likes

OK. I’d thought he was a consensus 15-30 kind of player. Not lottery but for sure first-round.