NBA Draft Projections & Mock Drafts 2019

Figured that we need a whole thread for this… Here are all the Big Ten players in that SI mock.

1 Like

I’m shocked that Winston isn’t on that list. Even if it was 2nd rd. Edwards seems like he should be late 1st given his production, but he’s basically right there.

No MSU players and they are having a better year, in my opinion, than they were last year. I think that MSU Is playing better than anyone in the league right now.

1 Like

My first takeaway was that our top two competitors for the conference title, MSU and Wisconsin both don’t have one player on this list, let alone 3.

But after watching the Northwestern game last night, I was wowed by how hard that MSU team played even up 20+ for the majority of the game. I’ve been down on them all year because I don’t believe in the talent level of guys like Ahrens, McQuaid and Goins but I’m really impressed with the collective unit they have right now. I still think they matchup horrendously with Michigan, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see them win the league.

26 posts were merged into an existing topic: Michigan State Discussion 2018-19

Surpised to see Poole went from 51 on the list to 64. I would have predicted an upward trajectory for Poole.

Winston likely isn’t athletic enough for the next level and there aren’t many spots for 6’1" off-guards [Edwards}, no matter how effective in college.

Anyone with an ESPN+ subscription that is able to tell us where Givony has the Michigan guys on his new mock?

I haven’t seen it by my friend said Charles was listed in the 2nd round and there was no Iggy and no Poole

Matthews at 44, only Michigan player listed.

Seems a little…odd

2 Likes

So how would everyone rank the following scenarios from most likely to least likely for next season?

1. Poole, Iggy and CM all leave
  2. Poole returns, Iggy and CM leave
  3. Iggy returns, Poole and CM leave
  4. Poole and Iggy return, CM leaves

And is there any scenario at all where CM returns? I gotta think there’s a decent chance he ends up projected lower on draft boards than Poole and Iggy both by the end of the year.

1 Like

To your last question - I honestly think <5% chance (if any) that CM returns. Everything I’ve heard indicates he very likely would have left after last year except due to extenuating circumstances.

2 Likes

0% chance Charles stays and imo 0% chance Poole and Iggy are both picked ahead of him. Charles’ defense and athleticism are the most translatable skills any of them have.

For context on the Vecenie tweet, his last update on 12/25 he had Poole out of the top 100. So “jumping onto the board in a real way” for him is probably a jump to #50-60

As for the scenarios, I’d rank them 2, 3, 4, 1

4 Likes

Idk about 0% chance Poole and Iggy are drafted ahead of Matthews. On the majority of other draft projections I have seen for the last month or so, Iggy has been a late first rounder and Matthews is almost always projected as mid to late second round.

3 Likes

I’d say you’re looking at the wrong draft projections then haha. I’m sure there are many that have Iggy ahead of Matthews but the ones I trust for evaluation do not have Iggy that high.

Definitely think Poole & Iggy can be drafted ahead of Charles. Why? Because they are better shooters/scorers and are also younger than CM.

1 Like

I have no idea what they will do but I would draft Poole first out of the 3.

1 Like

Poole is 19, won’t turn 20 until June 2019. He’s actually a few months younger than Iggy, only a few months older than Reddish and Romeo Langford.

Matthews seems like a guy who doesn’t get drafted that high because of his limited offensive game, but could carve out a lengthy career. The draft is about potential.

3 Likes