NBA Draft Projections & Mock Drafts 2019

umbob1 has always provided solid insight into Michigan sports. JP to me resembles Kyle Kalis and/or others from the offensive line years ago that was supposed to be really good. In the end, they had trouble communicating and never really jelled. Now in retrospect, the Oline coach might have been part of the issue, but JP’s body language over the past month or two has not been positive. I have been concerned. I think he is a great talent. Even coach made the comment about his dry spell, when he said, “You wouldn’t believe what we see in practice”, hence he thought JP would break out of his slump.

I wish the kid the best!

At the risk of being too sappy, my heart goes out to Jordan, who went from such glory to third option on the team. Watch his high school tapes or remember him taking it to the hoop on a couple of darting plays this year and you know he is highly capable.

I see some fans dismissing the negativity by saying you need to be tough or downplaying it, and to an extent it’s true–hard lesson for Jordan but there are a multitude of idiots out there, and they often think their fandom is license for a certain kind of abuse.

But I ALSO know that if the criticism is bothering ME as an onlooker, it might just sting like hell for a rather good-natured and appealing kid of 19 and his cat.

Hope that they work this thing out.

8 Likes

I think it would be great for both parties if JP returned to Michigan. I think he needs to get better before trying to get to the NBA. I think he needs to gain strength, improve his handle and become a consistent threat. He has the capability. I also believe that if he came back and worked harder than he has ever worked this off season, it would do him and the program wonders. Maybe all parties will see this over the coming weeks and move forward toward this happening. Never say never

3 Likes

He just registered last week. Where has he been providing this insight?

2 Likes

I will never forget standing in the concession stand line at Madison Square Garden last year next to a man who was publicly making terrible comments and accusations about JB. When the man walked away, someone in line said it was JP’s dad. I later learned that this was accurate. I know things change, but I am positive JP is not having his family telling him to stay. I know it is easy to say now, but ever since that interaction I have always thought of the Horford family. Time will tell what happens.

2 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ignas Brazdeikis declares for NBA Draft

If I had to pick one of Poole or Brazdeikis to leave I would have picked Poole because we seem to have more options to replace him. Quinones and Beverly play the 2 like Poole and it is easier to find a scoring guard in the transfer market than a 3-4 who was playing at a mid major and has the athleticism to play power 5 basketball. We really need to try to get Wagner to come now. Not the end of the world if we can’t but boy that would that soften the blow.

I now find myself thinking about next year’s offense with no Iggy and no Poole and that sounds so much scarier than I thought it would.

2 Likes

I know Brandon Johns did not have the year he/we envisioned, but I am more confident in him than some of the potential grad transfers or 2019 freshmen being considered.

1 Like

Long time member of Michigan Scout/247.

umbob1 is legit.

3 Likes

Thanks. Just got back online and saw the question.

Wow, definitely not something needed around the program.

The dad’s tweet makes more sense now.

I don’t lend credence to it either, but Wright is not some disconnected nobody. Personally, I find a lot of his opinions worthwhile. Not Poole transferring because it just doesn’t make sense for Poole

I think his take on the odd basketball fit between Simpson and Poole is valid.

I think he also very much wants to be internet famous, and I do sorta think he’s nobody.

Maybe on a national scale, but within the Michigan community? Not even close.

He has scored more points for the University of Michigan than you have. I will gladly take his opinion and value it more than yours.

1 Like

He literally made up that Poole was transferring.

Did I miss something? I listened to the entire podcast and I recall him addressing the rumors of Poole potentially transferring which is something I’ve seen numerous people floating around. I don’t think he ever explicitly stated that Poole was transferring. Just repeated the same rumors we’ve all seen and then said he knew a couple people in the program. What is the issue there?

1 Like

No, he didn’t.

1 Like