Michigan's 2021-22 roster is posted

Yea I always assumed Barnes was more of a 3 than Bufkin who always struck me as a combo guard.

2 Likes

Remember the McLimans practice love back in the day? Good times.

4 Likes

didnā€™t it have something to do with his shoe size? like his feet were gigantic and therefore he was the next Shaq?

1 Like

Like Jerrod Ward injuries did him in to be fair.

1 Like

5 7 5

(getting to 10)

1 Like

At this rate Iā€™m going to believe Michiganā€™s bench would win the big ten this year. I love it!

4 Likes

Fred Jackson 2.0

2 Likes

Like Fred Jackson, except more effusive

9 Likes

Fred Jackson, but FAST

6 Likes

Shouldnā€™t we wait to see a single instance of Martelli overhyping a freshman or even a returning player before we start comparing him to Jackson? Dylan said to watch and thatā€™s fair. However, in the two years he has been here, the only guys I remember him hyping in the pre-season were Franz both years (with justification) and Mike Smith last year; if anything, he hyped Hunter less than he turned out to be worth last season.

2 Likes

Martelli is just a talker. He says a lot of positive things about everything. It is his personality, thatā€™s all I was saying. Itā€™s not about freshmen or anything else, I would just temper what you read from him, or at least view it through that lens.

If you ask him about a player, heā€™s going to give you 5 minutes of things he likes about a player. Thereā€™s a reason every availability Martelli has ever done is 3x longer than anyone elseā€™s :rofl:.

14 Likes

More Martelliā€¦

This is the epitome of a Martelli quote;

At a July 4th gathering at head coach Juwan Howardā€™s house, DiabatĆ© asked Martelli if they could talk. ā€œIt was about fronting the post,ā€ Martelli said. ā€œI was kind of blow away. There was not a single thought that I had that day that concerned guarding the low post. But Moussa wanted to have a conversation so we did.ā€

11 Likes

Lighten up Francis. It was a joke.

1 Like

Moussa is skinnnnny.

Sanderson mentioned on Brian Boeschā€™s podcast that he had one of the best reach + vert measurements for an incoming freshman than heā€™s ever had though.

8 Likes

Tbh, seeing his frame/weight there makes me wonder if he could ever be a NBA center. Might need to develop that perimeter game.

1 Like

Christian Wood in college

Young KG

He needs to develop perimeter skills because thatā€™s needed in general. But he should have no issue gaining 20+ pounds over his career that would make him a viable C

4 Likes

The interesting thing to me is he had a college level strength program at IMG (from what I understand about them). Now, he couldā€™ve just been Holmgren level toothpick before that.

Thatā€™s definitely fair, and likely means in the short term there might not be much weight gain. But age helps pack on weight too from my experience, but Iā€™m also an idiot and not a scientist so I could also be way wrong

2 Likes

Feel like KG looks noticeably thicker there and Wood can stick on the floor specifically because of his shooting and ball handling for his sizeā€¦ but also he gets roasted on defense. Iā€™m mostly just saying, he probably canā€™t JUST mostly be a rim-runner and elite defender to stick in the league if heā€™s gonna max out at 225-230 instead of 240-250. Probably needs at least to be able to stretch the floor to make up for the weight.

1 Like

The social media team choosing to post a clip in which he goes 5 for 12 on unguarded catch and shoot corner threes and includes an airball is an interesting choice.

9 Likes