Michigan's 2021-22 roster is posted

And 175. Even I thought he was up to 180-185! :wink:
I will say this, he’s gonna be fine…at the TWO! :rofl:
Sorry, couldn’t resist!

3 Likes

The problem is that with Eli back there aren’t many minutes available at the 2!

1 Like

Yes, that’s right.

3 Likes

Fantastic work from Juwan constructing this roster with no juniors, bringing in Jones, and getting Eli to stay. Not that it really matters, but there might not be any seniors on the roster next year unless we hit the portal (likely) or Johns comes back.

2 Likes

is that strongly correlated with success?

So let’s just say hypothetically…Bufkin is legitimately too small to play the three this year. But also hypothetically, Bufkin is very clearly immediately a must-play guy in a role larger than just a back up.

Do we think Juwan would just go super small and stick him at the 3 anyway? Could he potentially cut into Jones/Eli’s minutes more than expected?

I’m of the opinion that Kobe will play a lot pretty early…but I have no idea where.

5 Likes

Jones yeah I can see.
Not sure he’ll be worth 30.
Might be wrong for sure.

A sneaky prospect
could be at backup point guard.
Frankie will compete.

But freshman point guards
are quite unreliable.
So I can see it.

If he can handle
and do well out of ball screens,
Bufkin has minutes

11 Likes

When they going to add the “how quick” number to the roster. What would the measurement be called. Torque? I’d like to know Frankie Collins torque. How about young McDaniel? He got torque.

1 Like

Bufkin CAN handle and do well out of ball screens. I’m confident of that.
He’s actually more of a one than he is a three, in my opinion. I’m guessing Kobe and people around Kobe would say the same.

6 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.
With Juwan it will work out.
No one can doubt this.

5 Likes

Haikus in morning
opening my mind today
the coffee is strong

3 Likes

We are pretty strange. But I love it anyway. Go blue forever.

4 Likes

Could just be a fluff piece, but man this would be sweet if true

3 Likes

Who is it?

Sounds like Will Tschetter

4 Likes

That’s interesting. I really wouldn’t know what to do with him this year

6 Likes

Play him at center? Not sure there is room elsewhere. The 4 is jam packed.

Say we find that shooting is a major issue with the lineup. Jones’ weird form doesn’t translate well, John’s isn’t hitting, Dickinson didn’t blow up from outside, Diabate is still too raw. I could see room for Techetter to help alleviate this for one rotation per half or something if he’s truly ready and this isn’t complete fluff.

2 Likes

Might be worth keeping tabs on Martelli quotes about players during the offseason or preseason and see if there’s a trend :face_with_monocle: Not this instance by itself, but just in general.

His quotes are great for clicks but I’m not sure I would put too much weight into Martelli offseason quotes about X.

7 Likes

I’ve already heard Zeb and Tschetter hype in the one week of practice so I think I’m ready to just ignore all of it for now

5 Likes

Phil and I went to the same school of positivity back in the day! :rofl:

By the way, this is the first, and only, time I will mention me and the great Phil Martelli in the same sentence! :wink: I couldn’t carry his clipboard! OK, now I’m lookin’ for an emoji that says, “You got that right!” :grin:

7 Likes