Michigan Women's Hoops

Brown may be the mouthiest player of any gender in Michigan history

Love her holding her stroke coming down the floor

4 Likes

You’re not kidding. At least her play backs it up. She is the kind of player you can only love when she’s wearing your colors. Just seems to thrive in the villain role.

She really gets under opposing players’ skin, especially with the way she exaggerates reach-in fouls and bumps. Last year when they played Nebraska I thought Amy Williams – her previous coach, no less – was going to lose her mind about it.

1 Like

Ayyyye, good for Crockett and Clark.

Solid win for the ladies on the road! The top 3 just continue to consistently rack up points on offense. Any of Kiser/Brown/Phelia are liable to put up 20+ on any given night which is such a huge asset.

Noticed Chyra Evans was a DNP tonight. Wonder if her ankle is still off after the spill against MSU. Hope she’s back for IU. They will need the depth in the post.

1 Like

48 on 27 shots between Kiser and Phelia

10 dimes for Brown

2 Likes

It’s nice to have some feel-good on one end of our basketball program!

Also, they mentioned on the broadcast that Cameron Williams is the daughter of former NBA player, Aaron Williams. I did not know that.

2 Likes

I dunno if she can top Mo Wagner in that category

IIIIII…disagree

1 Like

Definitely. She’s a top-tier trash talker/villain.

1 Like

Kiser having some fun on twitter:

6 Likes

She seems pretty cool, I gotta say.

2 Likes

And beautiful.

2 Likes

there are plenty of majority-male spaces out there on the internet for discussing how attractive women are, but this isn’t one of them. i wish you well in your search, traveler. bonk

13 Likes

Did we forget the master, Jalen Rose?

2 Likes

Back to the women- huge game tomorrow night vs. IU.

Who’s going?

1 Like

Won’t be there, but will be watching! Weeknight games just aren’t feasible for us, although we have made exceptions for the upcoming Ohio State and Senior Night games.

1 Like

Well, I’m sure he meant inwardly beautiful, kind, caring, generous, full of love for humankind, full of grace. :wink:

For me, I just enjoy watching her play basketball, which she does very well, and certainly seems to have fun doing. And, of course, the way she and her teammates give back to the community is very heartening, too! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Re: the way she plays, my daughter and I keep a running count each game we watch of how many times Kiser ends up on the floor. 3-4x per games is a pretty safe average.

2 Likes

One thing I’m really hoping Michigan can manage again is hosting round of 64/32 games again this year if they can secure a top-16 seed in the tournament.

Right now the bracketology sites I see have them slotted in as a 3 and HerHoopStats has them at #14. They’re right there, but they have some very tough games in the final 10-game stretch starting with this week where they host #5 (per HerHoopStats) IU and then travel to College Park to face #18 Maryland. The still have a return game in Bloomington and have to host #11 (?!!) Ohio State. There is no return trip to Iowa (thankfully).

Sprinkled in there are home games against #41 Nebraska and #61 Illinois which need to be wins and then absolute must-wins against bottom-feeders Minnesota (A), MSU (A), Rutgers (H), and Wisconsin (A).

Really need to go 6-0 in those games and then hope to possibly split the four games against IU, OSU, and Maryland, ideally holding serve at home. That would get them to 24-5 (14-4) with the only drag on the resume being that loss to Toledo (who, to be fair, is ranked #50 which is higher than 8 teams in the Big Ten).

A win tonight would go a very long way toward making that a reality for the second year in a row!

4 Likes

The big ten is really stratified - aside from Nebraska, they’re all either very good or pretty bad. Leads to an interesting season.

I really think that if we can get Brown a liiiitle more secure with the ball, and for Nolan to start hitting her career norm from three, things will look up.

It’s been good to see Phelia’s massive growth after we spent all off season calling her a future star, I’d love to see some more play making for others as her next step.

1 Like