Michigan Women's Hoops

5 Likes

On the recruiting front:

She’s a 6’3"-6’4" (depending on which site) center, ranked #43 in ESPN’s 2024 list.

7 Likes

Swords is now ranked #22 for ESPN and got a 5th star. Olivia Olsen is ranked #8. It looks like we are headed for a top-5 class.

9 Likes
7 Likes

That play will come in real handy against MSU

Women’s team is taking a trip to Europe as well - 2 games against a Canadian team (!?) in Italy, and one against a Croatian pro club in Dubrovnik

4 Likes

Idly scrolling around I noticed that Danielle Rauch, who GA’d at Clemson last year, is coming back to use her COVID year THIS year at Clemson

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr_FAsDOezL/?img_index=1

1 Like

I thought that was brought up when it happened but maybe not.

1 Like
5 Likes

How many are from in state though

3 Likes

Who cares?!

It’s an inside joke. Someone, I can’t remember who, was unhappy at the lack of Michigan representation in the women’s recruiting classes despite them being well-regarded.

3 Likes

Speaking of in-state, there is a player who ESPN ranks #66, 5’9" SG Indya Davis. And she has a twin, Summer Davis who’s a 5’10" PG and ranked #90.

I don’t know if Michigan is recruiting them or not. One of Michigan’s commits (Olivia Olsen, ranked #15 overall) is a PG and the twins may be a package deal.

MSU also has a PG committed.

This may have already been mentioned before but Purdue has a PG commit (#54 overall) named Jordyn Poole. :rofl:

2 Likes

Recent highlights from commit, Syla Swords:

5 Likes

And junior season highlights from commit, Olivia Olson:

3 Likes

Among the uncommitted are #1 ranked player Sarah Strong, #5 Kateryna Koval, and #56 Tayla Thomas. I want the All Alliteration Recruiting Class for the ages!

6 Likes

Oh come on, its not some guy, it’s this thread’s official concern troll!

2 Likes

It’s not just this thread

2 Likes

Lol I muted him so I missed him breaking the news Juwan was resigning and also his countdown of number of weeks til school starts and we only have 11 scholarship players

6 Likes

Yeah I like to stay up to date on the latest mid summer Juwan Howard resignation rumors so I will never mute him

1 Like