Michigan Women's Hoops

I get the feeling that Izy isn’t coming back either. Kind of a shame that it seems like the pandemic and some injuries cost her a bigger role in her time here.

4 Likes

Izy post
https://www.instagram.com/p/CrPHrJ7sE_c/?igshid=ZWIzMWE5ZmU3Zg==

3 Likes

Congrats 2023 Grads. GO BLUE!

3 Likes
3 Likes

Lots of guards!

1 Like

They have been adding some talent this offseason. Good for them!

2 Likes

Plus their incoming freshmen are all guards. Is it a sign of philosophy change by KBA?

1 Like

I’m not sure. However, they are losing 5 guards from this past season, so that explains some, if not all, of the additions.

1 Like

This is the girl that was punched by the Memphis player in the handshake line after their game in the WNIT.

4 Likes

Well, we know she’s tough.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Maddie Nolan transferred to Colorado.

3 Likes

Saw that. I’m really hoping that’s because she wanted to and not because she wasn’t extended a 5th year option by KBA. I have no information either way, but I’d hate to see a multi-year starter get a firm handshake if she wanted to come back. Some of the transfers-in are 5th year seniors, so it’s not like her roster spot would be necessarily going to someone with multiple years left.

I hear that the Colorado campus is gorgeous. Maybe she just wants the change of scenery for grad school! Or perhaps she really wants to see Coach Prime? :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m not saying that this is the case, but sometimes it’s a grad school issue. Qualifying and/or finding the best school for your chosen field. I think I heard Ira Weintraub saying a few weeks ago that Emily Kiser had to wait and figure out if she could get in before deciding to return to Michigan this past season.

4 Likes

Absolutely. I hope she is getting the best all-around situation for what she wants to do in the future!

4 Likes

In non-Michigan’s news, Hailey Van Lith is transferring to LSU. The rich gets the richer.

1 Like

I saw that. What a bummer.

Super gross

1 Like

All of three of the women’s incoming transfers have been announced by the official site. They’re also all grad transfers so I’m sure the admissions process was quite straightforward.

2 Likes

Saw yesterday that Danielle Rauch is going to play at Clemson this season after being a grad assistant for them last season. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen anything like that before: moving from grad assistant to player in consecutive years.

6 Likes