5 Likes

Cool. Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Anyone know of any live stream links?

It’s a “secret scrimmage” will not be broadcast anywhere

6 Likes

That wouldn’t be very secret, now would it? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think in fairness to ELMARK, when he posted the inquiry about the scrimmage with Depaul he may not have been aware that it was a “secret” scrimmage. He actually started a thread on this forum entitled “Depaul scrimmage” and he asked, “Anyone know of any live stream links?” That thread was closed and his comment (post) was moved over here. He was asking a legitimate question and, as I said, I’m pretty sure he didn’t know it was a “secret” scrimmage. “Secret” Scrimmage, what a concept! :wink: :grin:

I’d love to see leaked video of that scrimmage, too, but I am quite sure it won’t be forthcoming. There may be reports but probably no video. We’ll just have to wait until Wayne State on November 5th and hope their university’s live stream is a good one, and THEN, the season begins on November 10th when we host Buffalo at Crisler. Though it’s on TV, I’ll be there because there is nothing like being in Crisler! Go Blue!!! :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Box scores of games nobody saw where it’s possible the scorer is confusing players for different players are a staple of late October basketball.

7 Likes

Absolutely, and it just serves to add to the intrigue.:wink:

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the boxscore reading “Nunez 8-10 3pt” only to hope that they meant Caleb Houston and then find out it was actually T Williams!

3 Likes

removes glasses, rubs eyes

“Wow, Ant Wright really was right about Brandon Wade.”

7 Likes

Apparently, St Francis vs Illinois will be on BIG+

1 Like

Yes, I read that on Illini Loyalty. Interesting. So much for “secret.” My understanding, though, it that Michigan’s “secret” scrimmage really is pretty much off limits to the public and the press. Not sure if there are “rules” about that, but from what I read, BTN+ seems to be providing coverage.

Some of the Illinois posters aren’t pleased about having to pay for that content. Should be interesting to see if BTN+ actually does provide content of the scrimmage.

1 Like

That was an official exhibition, not behind closed doors “secret scrimmage”. MSU and Illinois are the only big ten schools playing 2 exhibition games this year

7 Likes

There you go. Thanks D!

2 Likes

Yep. If you want to play a D1 team in the preseason it has to be a secret scrimmage (…unless it’s a COVID/hurricane relief exhibition)

4 Likes

From the IllinoisLoyalty message board.

“Illinois has 3 more games on B1G+, the pay online streaming service.”

“Illini Basketball on B1G+
Sat, Oct 23___Fri, Oct 29___Indiana (Pa.) (Exhibition Game)
Fri, Nov 12___Arkansas State
Fri, Nov 26___UT Rio Grande Valley”

I’m sure Arkansas State and UT Rio Grande Valley are regular season games.

1 Like

It seems the Illinois game Saturday night was not a “secret” scrimmage, but an exhibition game. Here’s the game recap, highlights, box score, etc:

Illini Roll in First Exhibition Game - University of Illinois Athletics (fightingillini.com)

1 Like

Correct. It was an exhibition which is why it was broadcast and why it was against a non D1 team.

5 Likes

5 turnovers :thinking:

3 Likes