Michigan Players in the NBA

Please continue, these are great

4 Likes

This is great, thanks for the effort.

I watch very little NBA. I sometimes wonder how ex-Michigan guys are doing, but I don’t wonder enough to check for myself. These updates are perfect.

1 Like

Regarding Poole

These are the best posts in this thread by a country mile, (no offense to everyone else here.)

2 Likes

I went through the whole thread to confirm @Mdemorest4’s point (I can confirm it), but in doing that I think I found one of the worst takes in UMHoops history. Caris was a victim of the system? Look at what he did in 2016 in that system lol.

I looked at this person’s post history and they haven’t posted in years, but their last set of posts was a crazy argument that ended in a bet with another person who hasn’t posted in years. How do we get these people back and get this man his $200?

The guy who said Michigan would never field a top 50 defense under Beilein surlely was not prepared for Luke mother****ing Yaklich to enter the building.

I’m starting to definitely understand why this era of UMHoops was known as the “Wild West era.” That whole thread is absolutely insane.

3 Likes

Guestavo definitely had some takes back in the day, that’s for sure

5 Likes

This is awesome

1 Like

Draymond Green approves of this.

Not only do I LOVE these posts as someone who only pays casual attention to the NBA…feel free to do them as often as you want.

A few years ago I tried to add to these with the occasional post about how our alums were doing in various international leagues. It was fun to dig up information and find out about players having long, successful careers in random countries (Courtney Sims played for a while in Asia; Josh Asselin played forever). Unfortunately it is hard to find some of that info…so it isn’t as fun to do when there’s so much more interesting stuff happening with our current team or NBA players.

1 Like

Not really sure why Beilein had to stay through 2020/2021 in this bet? If he fielded a top 50 defense anytime before that while at Michigan it should have been a win.

2 Likes

It’s a win in my book. I think there was just some confusion on his part.

I’m guessing at that time the thinking wasn’t that coach B would leave for the NBA either.

It wouldn’t be a fair bet if only one side could win if he left early.

The bet was specifically for a goal to be accomplished by that time though. So if the goal was accomplished before 2021, it shouldn’t really matter whether or not he kept coaching. This is obviously a very complex situation with lots of moving parts so I don’t want to get too deep into it :wink:

2 Likes

Guestavo sure was a piece of work

@CursedBlue very kindly liked one of my posts in that old thread. It looks like my basketball takes were better back then, so it’s only natural for me to apologize now for my obviously downward slide into snark and chasing lulz since.

9 Likes

Every message board needs its snark just like every team needs outside shooting. But the people gotta know: what was this supposedly good take? From there, we can further discuss your usage rate and role on the board moving forward.

10 Likes

Not sure my message board takes in any era are optimized for modern analytics.

8 Likes

Charles Matthews in the G League…wish him the best…

15 Likes