Michigan Non-Revenue Sports 2022-23 (and '24!)

We’ll never know if Northwestern’s ‘travel restrictions’ would have had some flexibility if the rain had hit with them down five, but with enough innings in for it to be an official game.

2 Likes

guys, the grounds crew just decided the field wasn’t playable

the road team doesn’t make that decision, and the home coach probably doesn’t eithr.

starting to doubt your commitment to this tbh!

4 Likes

Yup, it’s the event staff that makes the decision. It’s in conjunction with the officials

#OhioBornGroundsCrew

1 Like

Michigan Softball moves up from 43 to 36 in RPI. Penn State is 34.

1 Like

They had announced a start time of 2:15 pm at about 1:30 and then 15 minutes later decided to cancel. Apparently it was getting too close to the drop dead time, which had already been pushed back, and is in place to allow the visiting team to travel back and get home at a reasonable time (I wonder if NW bussed there).

https://x.com/softbalamerica/status/1784946087465242824?s=46&t=2quOIHVA_RQfFfYYsCmG3w

Softball cracks the top 25 for the first time all season. Way to go, ladies!

7 Likes

Congrats to M Mens Lacrosse B1G Champs over PSU 16-4. HAIL YES!!!

6 Likes

Tough weekend for the softball team, as they drop 2 of 3 to OSU. Today’s loss was a 2-1 pitcher’s duel. I know one of Michigan’s key offensive players was not 100%.

Time to regroup for the B1G Tournament. Hopefully, the days off will help.

1 Like

Maybe a humbling weekend was good for the girls. Unreal run after the Northwestern series, to be honest.

1 Like

The boys beat MSU 1⚾️-8!

5 Likes

The ladies went HAM tonight in the bottom of the 5th. Turned a 0-0 tie into a run-rule victory punctuated by a grand salami.

https://twitter.com/B1Gsoftball/status/1788733600298377631

5 Likes

Tooooooooch! Gotta love it.

Maybe just posting this for myself, but Jon Urbancheck passed away today.

One of the greatest swim coaches of all time! I remember running into him in the natatorium weight room now and then in the early 2000s. The strength and conditioning coach at the time had a clear rule that red and green were not allowed in that weight room, and Coach would come strolling in wearing red or green without a word being said. Cracked me up every time.

4 Likes

I never met him but I went to Jr. High with one of his kids. RIP.

Yeah, don’t know if he is literally the GOAT but was up there. He was the largest single factor that got me to Michigan.

The man coached up many Olympic medalists. Such an impressive career and legacy. Big loss for the swim community!

1 Like

Softball advances to the B1G Championship game!

They’ll play IU at 4pm tomorrow. I’m not sure if that’s 4 eastern or 4 central.

4 Likes