Michigan Non-Revenue Sports 2022-23 (and '24!)

Lots of boom today:
https://twitter.com/umichsoftball/status/1784313321367208243?t=6Wa1OuQW_u5YfCYXXnJiDw&s=19

2 Likes

And the baseball team took down the Dirtbags again.

3 Likes

Softball sweeps Penn State!!! YESSSSS. Also If Nebraska beats Northwestern, who is currently in a suspended game up 5-0, then Michigan will be tied for 1st heading into final weekend of regular season!!

2 Likes

Extra-inning magic!

Yes!! I can’t wait to see how Vallimont’s career transpires. I truly think she could go down as one of the greatest players in program history. She has the talent.

This series sweep could get us into the top 30 RPI too!

1 Like

And Penn State was still in the “others receiving votes” part of the Top-25. Maybe we’ll break through in the rankings, considering we just swept PSU in their yard?

Also- Women’s Tennis just won the B1G Tournament.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6UPApUuEH8/?igsh=c3B0d3g5bTFuNGJk

4 Likes

Would only make sense! Swept and run-ruled one of the games.

1 Like

Nebraska Northwestern game 3 was cancelled. Wow. Major implications for Michigan and their big ten regular season title hopes.

Baseball :broom::broom::broom: the Dirtbags!

3 Likes

I wasn’t watching the Northwestern softball game so I would love an explanation. Lincoln Nebraska was done with precipitation after 2 PM according to Apple weather. Why cancel and not delay the game? What happened to waiting out a storm.

Sure feels like Northwestern ran to the bus the second the thunder hit to dodge a loss and practically guarantee the conference championship (3 game home weekend with middling Indiana notwithstanding). They were down 5 in the 4th and 5 innings is the required total innings in the game.

Very frustrating! I don’t know the travel logistics for Northwestern obviously but it annoyed me to see Nebraska baseball finished and is playing a game currently!

https://x.com/westlotpirates/status/1784662353784565912?s=46&t=2quOIHVA_RQfFfYYsCmG3w

We aren’t the only ones taking notice :rage:

1 Like

Appreciate it.

I’m sure there will be no follow up from the conference. Hilarious/unjust outcome if Nebraska baseball played two after softball called off due to weather. Maybe Michigan softball should go full Illinois basketball circa 2021 season.

Go Hoosiers!

1 Like

Pretty hard to complain when UM went 0-3 vs. NW.

I know we want to be conspiratorial but the decision to cancel the game was almost certainly on the home team end, not NW’s.

1 Like

Are we certain that the person who decided to the cancel the game wasn’t also perched on the grassy knoll?

So are you saying the real news story is that Nebraska athletics only cares about men’s sports since the baseball team played two games while the softball team canceled? This is even bigger than I thought. A major Title IX scandal.

2 Likes

Yes exactly!

Probably came down to the dreaded “travel restrictions” right? And it hadn’t been gone far enough for it to be an official game. Nebraska is still fighting for an NCAA tourney spot, so I’m guessing the decision was out of their hands rather than just deciding it was cool to not finish a game where they were up on the conference leaders.

1 Like