Michigan Non-Revenue Sports 2022-23 (and '24!)

Same problem as last year. Can’t hit.

Michigan gymnastics was good but Oklahoma was on another level in a dual meet. Oklahoma tied for an all time points record and it would’ve been a perfect performance from Michigan to beat Oklahoma.

I know this because I have friends who knows gymnastics and one of them used to be a gymnast. lol

I think it’s too early to write off the bats but some freshman will probably have to step up.

About those bats…

https://x.com/umichsoftball/status/1764004679615119633?s=20

Florida is currently ranked #13.

Obviously, this is just one game but they showed some offensive potential here!

2 Likes

I’m going to pretend this is from Game 3 of the 2015 CWS!

3 Likes

Damn! I need to grumble about the bats before every game.

1 Like

Fundraising

Who is the rumor new Michigan rb coach?

Shoutout to the hockey and WBB teams. Making this rough bball season more manageable :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yesterday, the softball team won their home opener against Oakland U, 2-0. They got their runs on two solo HR’s, both from freshman.
Also, over this past weekend, they got their first B1G win of the year, versus Illinois. EDIT: I guess the win doesn’t count in the B1G standings.

This still isn’t a run-producing machine but the power numbers are up from last year. They already have 16 home runs and only had 25 all of last season, with Keke Tholl hitting 11 and nobody else hitting over 3. This year, freshman Jenissa Conway leads the team with 5 (she also has 3 triples) and sophomore Maddie Erickson has 4. Keke has 2, as does redshirt freshman Lilly Vallimont.

The team batting average is still low (.243) but that will likely improve now with home games and no currently-ranked teams left on the schedule.

Speaking of their remaining schedule, I just found out that Jordy Bahl, the ace pitcher who left champion Oklahoma to play at Nebraska, tore her ACL in the Huskers first game of the season. I was really looking forward to seeing her pitch against Michigan. That will have to wait at least a year to happen.

Michigan is slated to play Purdue this weekend. However, as usual the weather is going to be bad. So, who knows if the games will be played.

1 Like

there are no ranked B1G teams?

Not unless I missed somebody in the poll.

Warm weather teams are at such an advantage in softball and baseball. Yet people are mad that post Bakich and post Hutchins we’ve fallen off.

2 Likes

Looking at some of the usual good teams:

Michigan 17-11
OSU 16-8
Nebraska 16-12
Minnesota 14-13
Northwestern 12-7

Our schedule so far looks a lot tougher than OSU’s.

MSU is 12-14, by the way.

Big 10 is a mid-major conference in both baseball and softball world yet Michigan fans refuse to accept it.

The Softball team beat Purdue 7-0 this afternoon. Two HR’s from Ellie Sieler and one from Keke Tholl.

3 Likes

The baseball team also got a W, beating Penn State 9-6.

1 Like

Baseball, btw

We’re not even a minute into the game and Michigan goes up 1-0 against MSU.:ice_hockey:

5 Likes

Great save on the breakaway!

2 Likes